2: Elevator Problems

Both Shirou and March are currently walking towards the elevator that is supposed to take them to the master control zone. On the way, they talked a little and encountered 2 or 3 Voidrangers to which they were able to deal with efficiently.

Stopping in front of the elevator, March approaches the orange panel and tries to open the lift doors. Shirou watches in slight amusement from seeing her pout as she struggles. After a few more clicks and taps on the screen, her arm falls to her sides and looks up, groaning in displeasure.

"I'm guessing it's not working huh?" Shirou asks with a smile.

"Yeah it's not... But it wasn't me! The Antimatter Legion must've broken it!" March says abruptly, trying to defend herself.

There wasn't a need for her to say that as Shirou knows she didn't break it. But judging by her reactions, a lot of things must have gone wrong because of the girl.

Chuckling, Shirou speaks: "I didn't say it was you March. Here let me take a look at it."

Shirou walks over to the panel and places his hand over it. His hands started to light up as green circuits appeared on his skin causing March to gasp slightly as she watches.

She wondered if he was an android or something...

"Nah~" March says to herself.

Shirou closes his eyes, focusing as he starts to gather information on the circuitry and if there internal issues. That all came to a halt as Shirou's eyes began to twitch and sweat was forming on his forehead. Removing his hand with the circuits dissipating, he gives a sad smile as he turns to March.

"Sorry, the technology here is next level for me. And when I tried to get an understanding of the problem, I got lead back to ship's entire infrastructure."

"Oh, that's okay. At least you tried." March's spirits that were raised by Shirou's attempt had now deflated. "Back to square one I guess."

"Things were much easier when I used to fix heaters." Shirou says as he reminisces the days his friend Issei.

Shirou's body suddenly freezes as he looks to see March scratching her head in thought as she isn't sure what to do now. Seeing her not pay attention to his words, Shirou sighed in relief as she didn't notice his blunder.

"What should we do? *sigh* Things would be so much easier if Dan Heng was here. He's like a walking encyclopedia... He knows a ton of complicated stuff - maybe even elevator repair." March said in dismay as she was lost in thought and didn't notice Dan Heng was approaching them.

"Is that so?" Shirou smile to Dan Heng who nods back and announces himself to March;

"I don't know that one."

"Whoa?! Why are you here?!" March exclaims in surprise. "...And how did you get here before us?"

"I took another route to the upper level, and I saw you guys from up there." Dan Heng answers.

"So did you find Arlan?" Shirou asks, noticing Dan Heng was alone.

"I did, he's in the control room."

Dan Heng briefly looks towards the floor above them, specifically looking towards a room. Shirou presumes Arlan is up there as he could make out a figure sitting inside.

"Why do I sense a but?" March says with her eyes narrowed.

"He's been injured, both his arm and leg." Dan Heng informs them.

"How bad is it?" Shirou asks in concern.

"Fortunately, it's not fatal." Dan Heng says to which Shirou nods.