5: Jarilo VI

"...Is that even a planet?"

Shirou asks as him, March and Himeko all stare at a planet of white and blue. White being the snow and blue the ice. Shirou couldn't comprehend how any individual would be able to live in such cold weather all their life. Is there anyone even alive? What was the cause of this? How did this happen? These are the questions that were on Shirou's mind.

"After all those millennia... is this what Jarilo-VI has become?" Himeko mutters, but the two teens next to her were still able to hear.

"Huh? So that snowy planet is our destination this time?" March asks in confusion.

"Yes... Looks like this trailblazing expedition won't be easy."

"Wasn't expecting it to be easy..." Shirou says, still staring at the planet before Pom-Pom approaches them.

"Spatial readout anomaly! Star rail stability is down to 12%! Schedule alteration: Seven-day stopover time extended indefinitely!" Pom-Pom says to which Shirou barely understood the bunny's words.

"The complex locality of this world has been... affected somehow. The star rail has been blocked off by something." Himeko says with her hand under her chin in deep thought.

"This again... Don't tell me, it's gotta be..." March says with her hand on her head with tiredness written on her face.

"It's an activated Stellaron, isn't it?" Shirou says the same time Mr. Yang walks over to them.

"You're correct Shirou. The results of the preliminary analysis show the anomaly stems from a Stellaron - Unlike yours, it's as you said, an activated one." Mr. Yang nods at the Magus.

"How are we going to stop the Stellaron? Most of the population on the planet must've been killed off..." Shirou says with his fists clenched.

"You don't have to worry, this isn't the first time our route has been obstructed by a Stellaron." Himeko says to which Shirou immediately responds;

"So you have away to deal with it? But how, because Herta herself said she wasn't sure how the Stellaron inside me was sealed into my body?"

"You're not wrong, Stellarons are clouded in mystery - even Herta isn't able to fully understand their concepts. but at least we know how to neutralize their influences."

"The only thing we can say for sure is that their arrival causes massive changes to civilizations and ecosystems. They also generate distortions in space such as Fragmentums. There must be an inextricable connection between the Stellaron we're dealing with here, and Jarilo-VI becoming a frozen planet." Mr. Yang says.

"Our current theory is that Stellarons are seeds of disaster planted by a certain Aeon throughout the universe. We can't continue to trailblaze without removing the source of the disaster." Himeko informs Shirou.

"So we either find this Aeon and ask them to get rid of it, which I hate to admit, is the most unlikely situation to happen - or we kill this Aeon." Shirou says with a frown and arms crossed.

"Shirou, that's simply impossible." Himeko shakes her head at him.

"Aeons are basically gods you know~" March says, causing the Shirou's eyes to widen.

"Aeons are those who preside over the galaxy. Each Aeon is associated with a Path, such as 'The Hunt', or 'The Destruction' and several more."

"Gods... So they're immortal beings with immense power." Shirou simplifies to which March chuckles nervously, Himeko and Mr. Yang simply smile at the boy.

The reason Shirou wasn't worried about these Aeons wasn't because he's confident he can defeat them. Actually it's the opposite, he knows he'll lose, but Shirou Emiya is a man of determination, commitment and sheer will. He'll do whatever it takes.