4: Joining the Astral Express

"Ngh."

A groan escapes Shirou's mouth as he slowly gets up from his position of laying down. Memories of the fight against the Doomsday Beast come back to him in images. Sitting up quickly, ignoring the aching feeling in his body, he looks around to see a few researchers talking and working on their holographic screens, like the incident never even happened.

"Hey~ Glad to see your awake!" March says as her face blocks Shirou's view. "You were taking quite the nap~"
March giggles.

Seeing March's okay figure and acting like her usual energetic self, Shirou sighs in relief. He was glad March was okay and didn't hurt her from that chaotic energy he let out. He was supposed to protect her and was hoping he didn't end up doing the opposite.

"I'm glad you're okay March." Shirou says as he smile at the girl.

The pink haired archer was slightly surprised before smiling back genuinely at the magus and spoke softly. "Thanks for saving me. I appreciate it." March then quickly changed back to her lively self. "I was slightly impressed. I mean that shield, it was beautiful."

"Oh, um thanks." Shirou thought he'd never hear those words about the Aias. Not when it's used in war mostly.

"Buuuuut~ It would've been even better if you didn't end up fainting. But then again, Mr. Yang is partly to blame."

Shirou chuckles before asking: "What happened anyway, to the Doomsday Beast I mean?"

"Oh! It disappeared, or more like you incinerated it really." March says as she puts her finger to her cheek in thought. "Well that doesn't matter. How does it feel to be a hero of justice, Shirou~? - Oh, wait that ryhmes!"

Author sometimes wonders if March is on drugs.

"Alright, I guess. Even though I don't feel like one - especially when I didn't do anything, but the Stellaron did."

"I guess that makes sense. Anyway, Himeko wants to see you, so when you're ready, go find her. I would come with you, but she's got me doing something else." 

"It's alright."

"We should also exchange beacons." Shirou opened his mouth and was about to ask what 'beacons' are, before she continued."If you get lost or something, feel free to text me."

When March said the word 'text', he immediately understood what she meant. But the problem was:

"I don't have a pho— beacon." Shirou says, to which March brings out a device that looks like a mobile phone.

"I thought you wouldn't have one, so here." March says as Shirou takes the phone out of her hand. "See ya." March waves and walks away.

Shirou, still seated in the same bench he woke up from, sighs as he puts his elbows on his knees and hands on face. He starts to wonder how complicated things have gotten, but it comes with the territory of being a hero. That feeling he got when the Stellaron basically erupted - Shirou immediately shakes his head as he tried to forget about it. He doesn't want a repeat of what happened. Especially with more people in the area.

Looking around, seeing the researchers focused on their work but no sign of distress, fear or pain on their faces causes Shirou relax. He didn't know if he made the right move leaving with Himeko and the others, but seeing everyone okay and well makes the teen feel better. Two different sounds snaps Shirou back to reality. One was a ding from his beacon and the other was grumbling from Shirou's belly - causing him to stop and think of when he last ate?

Taking out his phone, he sees that he received a message from March:

|——————————————————————|