14.

Continuation...

As they are eating, Khalil managed to calm down from the shock earlier. After lunch, they are all gathered in the living room. The playfulness is gone and the atmosphere is thick and serious.

"Shall we?" Kali asked them.

Zed was about to start but Khalil raised his hand.

"What is it?" Kali asked.

"I think I should go first," he answered and got a nod from her.

Exhaling, "I was on a call with Dad earlier, and he said that Uncle came to the mansion," he said.

Kalil frowned, "It wasn't yet time for your Mom's medicines,"

Khalil nodded, "Yes. That's why Dad thought that he has a mole at the mansion that informed him. He was on a trip that's why he only came today,"

"What did your father say?" Zed asked.

"Well, he said that we should be careful because Uncle was furious and... (glanced at Kali) he believes that he knew about Kali. Dad told him that he sent Mom to the experts because he was not satisfied with Mom's slow recovery and that made him madder. Dad also thinks that he will be after you since you were there that time, he will check your background for sure and will know that you're a doctor," Khalil said.

"He's just a brother. Your father is her legal guardian," Brye said.

"It's because he can't do what he wanted to do now. He can't even do it when she was there, what more now?" Miya stated.

Khalil looked down at his lap where his hands are clasped.

"What exactly does he want from Mom?" he mumbled.

"Everything. (Khalil looked at her) Let me ask you, every time he administer the medicines, was he alone with your Mom aside from the nurse?" Kali asked.

"No. Either I or Dad was there," he answered.

"And how's his reaction?" Zed asked.

Khalil thinks for a while, "Annoyed? Yeah, now that I think of it, he always looked annoyed and pissed," he confirmed.

"It's because he wanted to be alone with her so he can do what he wants. Like making her sign a document perhaps," Kali said making Khalil clenched his jaw.

"What should we do? I know he will find out about you and will surely come for you," Khalil voiced out his worries.

"Let him come. Let him show his true colors, and don't worry about your Mom. The reason that these guys are here is that we will transfer your Mom to the palace," Kali told him.

"Palace?"

"Elixir's HQ," Lance answered.

Khalil became nervous, "Wouldn't that cause you all trouble? I mean, does your boss know about it? Should we ask for approval first?"

"Hm, you're right. Wait, let me ask our boss," Brye fished out his phone.

"Childish," Kali said, and Brye stopped was he was doing.

He chuckled awkwardly, "Silly, Mr. Brandt~ Of course our boss already gave the go signal that's why we're here," Brye said.

His teammates scoffed at him. But Khalil is still hesitating. Kali holds his hand.

"Look, your uncle will know where I live soon and I'm sure he will send that fake nurse to get me and to see if his hunch that I have your mother is true or not. So, your Mom should be at the palace. She will be safe there, besides, you can visit her there though I suggest not to for the meantime and you, you need to do your normal routine," Kali said and he understood why.

"Wouldn't that be dangerous to be here alone? We don't even know what he's doing now and what that fake nurse is capable of," he asked.

"We do. Since that day we are keeping tabs on everything he's up to. As of now, he got the info about this place, Kali's workplace. He knows by now that Kali is not some ordinary doctor but the heiress of the Nightwish Empire. For sure he will think carefully about how he will approach her, and don't forget who Kali is," Zed explained.

"You don't have to worry, Teerak. I'll be fine," she assured him.

"I know you can chop whoever comes your way, but still, you can't blame me for being worried. Besides, all of these are because of me," he said.

Kali signaled her team to start the transfer. They excused themselves and left the two. When there's just the two of them, Khalil cups Kali's face.

"I don't want you to get hurt," he said.

Kali smiled and places his hand on one of Khalil's hands and the other is placed on his lap.

"I won't. I promise. And just so you know, I always do and never back out to what I said," she assured.

"Still-

"I'm trained for this stuff," she cuts in.

Khalil grimaced, "I don't want you to do this alone. This isn't your battle in the first place,"

Kali narrowed her eyes, "It is now. The moment they involved the people I love, it's as good as they did it to me. Also, he is digging up on me and that's another reason for me to take action,"

Kali was confused why Khalil is just smiling like an idiot at her.

"Why?" she asked.

"You love me," he said like a lovesick fool.

Kali sighed, "That's all you got? And when did I-mmp,"

Khalil pecked her lips. "Yes, you did and don't dare take it back. You said you never back out with your words," he warned.

"Cunning man," she said smiling.

Khalil chuckled and remembered something, "By the way, if Mom will stay there, are you going to stay there too?"

Shaking her head, "Not really. Just from time to time. I will be followed for sure and though they can't enter the palace's territory easily, I still don't want to risk it," Kali answered.

"I see, but are you sure this will not compromise your team with the mafia?" Khalil wanted to make sure that Kali and her team are safe.

Kali smiled, "Are you up for another revelation?"

Khalil made a face, "There's more?"

Chuckling, Kali nodded her head, "This will answer your question,"

Sighing, "Alright, bring it on," Khalil said dejectedly.

"Alright, so, my dearest Khalil..."

Kali leaned forward and whispered the other fact about her. His eyes grew wide and pushed Kali a little to see her face before exclaiming...

"Meen je dat nou?!"
(Are you serious?!)

"Meen je dat nou?!"(Are you serious?!)

An update for today. Not proofread.

Sorry for the errors and I might update Mad Love next if I managed to finish the chapter.

Thanks, guys and excuse this lame update.