Chapter 4

Third Division were being massacred. Slaughtered like animals as the ground became stained with blood within the thick mist that covered the surrounding area.

"This is fucking insane!" Mai shouted over the screams of their falling comrades.

A short sword came up just barely managing to block Ameyuri Ringo, as lighting danced off the surface. Grunting at the chakra, the Be Fong met the attack with her own levels to hold it at bay. Meanwhile, her other hand came around to block its twin, aiming for the gut.

"Fucker," the teen grumbled, cutting into their stand off and allowing herself to twist away out of danger.

"I'll trade with you," Belva stated.

The woman was trying to keep the ninjas out of the snares of Kushimaru Kuriarare. The swordsman was sewing up their forces into massive bundles of human bodies before piercing their hearts for the kill with needles.

Hmm, the Be Fong wasn't that desperate for a new foe.

"No thanks!"

Mai lunged mid turn of Ameyuri's next assault and managed to slip through the swordsman's defenses. Thrusting a hand forward, the fingers came to a point piercing the woman's chest and pinning her effectively to the ground.

"Binding team!"

Feeding off Ameyuri's lightning the Be Fong used it against its source to be sure the swordsman was rendered useless. The wrappings came rushing in and sealed the woman up.

"Don't touch the blades," speaking of the discarded weapons, "They will drain your chakra."

"One down, six to go," Ko, a member of the Binding Squad, stated.

"Piece of cake," the teen huffed before turning back into the fray. The comment nearly made him chuckle if the situation wasn't so dire.

Kakashi was in a deadly match against the Demon of the Mist meeting his blows with equal force when an opening came. Lunging for the gap in a final strike, very similar to the one that should have ended their battle on Tazuna's bridge in the first place, the Jounin was overcome by a strong sense of déjà vu. Especially from the fact Haku lunged into his path at the last second allowing his chest to be ripped open. The General's eyes widened. Even when a mindless corpse there was still a part of the boy that wished to protect his partner until the very end. However, unlike their first encounter Zabuza swung around his blade without remorse. Fully intending to cut through Haku in order to eliminate his enemy.

There was no time to be shocked. Kakashi just barely managed to move out of the way this time with the torn apart corpse. Laying the body on the ground he could see the Haku beginning to regenerate once more, but at a slower rate.

"I'm glad you two were Naruto's first opponents," Kakashi stated. Even if Haku could no longer hear him, his thoughts on the matter had to be expressed before turning to a member of the Binding Squad that was beginning to wrap up his body. "Maki, stay back and keep your Cloth-Bind Technique at the ready until I give the signal."

"Right!" the young woman answered.

His eyes then narrowed on the swordsman standing before him. "Zabuza, back then when you moved to cut through Haku, you hesitated for a moment. You couldn't completely hide how anguished you were over his death." The man lunged prepared to cleave off the Jounin's head. "But this is different." Lightning gathered in Kakashi's palm, forming a Chidori. "You're nothing more than an emotionless tool." It was his turn to lunge forward. "It's time to end these fights!"

The crack of lightning resonated on the battlefield, causing the Be Fong's ears to ring. Flipping away from the latest enemy the teen sought out the Jounin's chakra, knowing of only one person present capable of such an attack. They were still stable, which for a moment offered some relief.

The blade clattered to the ground feet away, the remnants of a lower arm crumbling to dust. The lightning had sliced right through the skin severing off the limb before hitting its mark in the chest and freezing the puppet's movement.

Zabuza Momochi was defeated.

"Ensui, Maki!"

The two didn't hesitate to complete the binding and offer coverage for the Jounin should the other opponents' attack.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The mist was dissipating. Belva and Mai glanced around as they were pressed back-to-back with a swordsman before them to survey the damage. Nothing good could be said with the numbers they had lost.

"It's lifting! We can see the enemy!" a ninja shouted.

"Great, now we have to see their ugly faces," Belva murmured.

"At least they won't be hard to miss," Mai smirked.

She faced the man known as Jinin Akebino, who was in possession of the helmet-splitter dual axe and hammer to crush through their defenses. The longsword was still Belva's opponent, and she was growing tired of his involvement.

"Hit 'em hard!" the woman ordered.

The two lunged forward with battle cries, showing no mercy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"As long as the tags remain intact, they can't be summoned again," Kakashi stated to the Binding Squad. He also took note there was another bundle in their possession.

"Courtesy of Be Fong," Ko said.

"We'll keep them under surveillance," Ensui reassured.

"Impure World Resurrection... Belva was correct when saying its use can never be forgiven," the Jounin said. He then turned back to the battlefield. "Sai, next we'll need your Root Sealing Techniques. Follow my lead."

Without hesitation the young man took Zabuza executioner blade for his own.

"B-But, I don't know how–!"

"I know you were one of Danzo's prized soldiers. There's no need to hold back your emotions. It takes a lot to get me worked up, but this time my boiling point's as lower as it's ever been. The Copy Ninja, the man who copied one thousand techniques is about to go on a rampage."