Chapter 6

Chapter Inspiration: Rising Force (Epic Driving Trailer) by R. Armando Morabito ft. Tina Guo

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mai found it difficult to focus at those words, staring her parents in the eye, who were as equally stunned at the sight before them. They... were her biological family?

"Who exactly where they within the Be Fong Clan?" Gai dared to ask.

Belva swallowed heavily, "This is Hisoka and Suzu Be Fong, who were to be the next heads of the Clan when Hisoka's father stepped down from his position. The others with them are known as the Executioner Twins from the second branch of the household, Shin and Momo, and then there's Hisoka's younger brother, Yuji, former Commander of their Special Forces Division."

Mai struggled to believe this was all real. That she was staring her parents and uncle in the eyes on different sides of the battlefield. Seeing each other as enemies. This was a cruel and sickening game Madara was playing. It only made her hatred for him boil.

"How do you know all of this?" a Cloud Ninja questioned.

"I once trained every member in the Be Fong Clan on how to utilize their techniques in the early stages of their lives. It also pays off... to have been engaged to a member of the Clan where they teach you of their lineage and customs."

Mai's head whipped around on the woman. Engaged? To someone in her Clan? She never knew... the ninja never hinted that she was anything but a sensei to the Be Fong Clan.

"It's been a long time, Shin."

"A lifetime," he agreed.

"Mai..." Suzu breathed. It looked like she was about to cry. "You're Mai. You're my daughter?"

"It appears so," the teen answered with a thick voice.

Though the battlefield was no place for a conversation none dared to interrupt them, afraid of being ripped to pieces. Yet at the same time many wished to hear what they had to say. Sakura couldn't believe her ears and Kakashi became more wary of the situation and how it would affect his Lieutenants.

"You survived... Thank goodness," Suzu breathed.

For the first time in her life, Mai sought the comfort of a mother's embrace, but refused to move from her spot. They were still under the control of the person who summoned them from the dead. The ninja didn't trust their movements for they weren't their own.

"You've been training her," Shin stated to Belva.

The woman nodded.

"Then I am curious to see who she has become," Hisoka finally spoke.

Their chakra seemed to surge, a pained look coming to the group's features. It was happening again.

"Something is trying to suppress us!" Momo shouted. "Do whatever it takes to stop us! We may have been merciless on the field towards our enemies, but would never wish to kill our own kin or allies!"

"We will hold on as long as we can," Yuji said. "But that does not mean this person will hesitate to use us against you while he waits."

The Third Division prepared for battle. Some of their hands trembling in fear for they knew what they were up against.

"Stand down!" Mai shouted.

"Are you crazy!" Gai exclaimed. "You're not the General, it's not your decision to make–!"

"She's right," Kakashi cut in. "Though I may have my Sharingan, I cannot hope to copy their movements. This is not our fight. We could never hope to match them. Only two can."

Belva stepped up beside the Phantom Ninja at the ready.

"Sakura," the teen's head snapped in her sensei's direction, "you once put your trust in Chiyo in the field when you did not know each other. Will you put your faith in Mai one last time?"

Though the two had not seen eye to eye since the Chuunin's rash decision to kill off Sasuke Uchiha, there wasn't a doubt in the Medical Ninja's mind that her teammate wouldn't allow her to be injured or killed so easily.

"Yes," Sakura said.

Mai was mildly surprised by the answer. The ninja was grateful for her teammate's confidence in her. Despite wishing that Hinata were here.

"Be ready for anything then," Mai murmured under her breath. She watched as the fingers among the five Be Fong began flexing. "Here they come." [song ends]