Afsos

I hoped they had justified Murtasim and Meerab's feelings like this but obviously, some things cannot be shown on TV. Thank you for the immense love guys! Will post the next update shortly. Please do follow and like.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

As he lay atop her, their breaths ragged and heavy, a sense of disbelief washed over her. He claimed her with an intensity unmatched by anyone before, and she reciprocated with equal fervor. However, the haunting reality persisted—they had been driven together by anger, jealousy, and a profound lack of trust, rather than the pure essence of love. They were captives to their own desires, willing participants in a dance that blurred the lines between pleasure and pain, ownership and surrender. This was not how she had envisioned her first intimate encounter with her husband. Her mind raced with conflicting emotions, the weight of the moment crashing down upon her.

Aware of the impact he had on her, he shifted his gaze to her face, searching for any trace of discomfort or pain. The sight of tears shimmering in the corners of her eyes struck him like a blow to the chest. She, the woman he cherished, was not to be conquered. He, as a man, could withstand the physical pain, but Meerab deserved a gentler touch. No matter the depth of her provocation, he couldn't unleash the same ferocity upon her during their lovemaking. The fierce passion they shared did not grant him the right to exert control over her, for their intimacy should have been a mutual exploration, an act of love and trust. He realized he had overstepped his role as a partner driven by a combination of desire and a response to her challenging him. Self-reproach flooded his thoughts, drowning him in a sea of regret. The realization of potentially causing her harm tugged at his conscience.

He was about to speak when she gently pushed him aside, her movements filled with a mix of vulnerability and determination. He was irritated by her avoidance and the lack of eye contact. Her gaze fell upon her scattered garments, and with a heavy sigh, she began to gather her sharara, a veil of sadness draped over her.

As she dressed, a profound silence settled between them, amplifying the tension that lingered in the room. He watched her, a mix of frustration and longing simmering within him. He slowly donned his pajamas and took a seat on the bed. He yearned to talk to her, to express that this was not the way he had envisioned their intimacy. He loved her with every fiber of his being, but her rash actions had stirred his anger. The memory of her slapping him and the bitter words she hurled without apology lingered in his mind, a trigger that set off a chain of events they couldn't resist.

Her reflection stared back at her from the mirror, revealing a disheveled appearance. Her hair was tousled, her makeup smudged—a stark contrast to the vision of marital bliss she had carried in her mind. At that moment, the reality of their turbulent night weighed heavily upon her fragile shoulders. Her gaze dropped, and her eyes caught sight of the crumpled contract paper lying on the floor. Anger surged through her veins, without a second thought, she scooped it up, her hands trembling with a mix of frustration and regret. She tore the paper into pieces, the sound echoing in the room like a declaration of liberation. Yet, beneath the facade of anger, tears cascaded down her cheeks, each drop carrying the weight of her regrets.

She felt deep regret for getting involved with Murtasim and wished she hadn't gone through the difficult and turbulent path that brought her to this point. Her heart burned at the mere thought of him possibly choosing Haya and fueled a primal yearning that defied her understanding. It was as if an invisible force pulled her towards him, an intense attraction that both thrilled and unsettled her. In that moment of searing insecurity, she wanted to be claimed by him in the most intimate of ways and had a burning need to claim him as her own. She collapsed to the floor and cried her heart out. She no longer knew how to confront him.

Witnessing her anguish, his heart ached with an unfamiliar ache. The anger that had burned within him moments ago transformed into a deep sense of remorse. He longed to comfort her, to mend the wounds he had unknowingly inflicted upon her tender soul. 

"Meerab?" he called out softly, but there was no response. She sat there, hugging her knees to her chest, her head buried in the curve of her arms, as tears cascaded down her face. He paused for a moment, his heart aching at the sight of her anguish. "Meerab," he repeated his voice filled with concern.

"Tum kyun ro rahi ho?" his voice broke as he couldn't bear to see her in such pain but there was no response. "Kuch toh..." 
"Kuch der ke liye akela chhod do mujhe!" Her words dripped with bitterness and a desperate plea for solitude, as she yearned for a moment of respite from the overwhelming emotions that engulfed her.

-----------------------------------

To be continued soon.