Amanat

Note: For me, the show ended on episode 46. Despite the ship not sailing as I hoped for the lead couple, my love for Murtasim is unwavering. Please do comment and vote if you want the story to be continued. Thank you!

Murtasim gazed at his reflection in the mirror, guilt pricking at his heart. Frustration with himself welled up, and in a moment of impulsive anger, he lashed out, punching the mirror. Shards of glass shattered, and his hand bore the painful consequence, bleeding from the impact.

"Main kabhi nahi chahta tha ki aisa ho!" he whispered to himself, his remorse echoing in the room. He freshened up and stepped out, only to find Meerab asleep, tears staining her cheeks in the vulnerable position she had fallen into.

"Meerab?" he called softly, hoping for a response. When no reply came, he gently tapped her shoulder, realizing she had drifted off to deep sleep in her anguish. Understanding the exhaustion she must have felt, he carefully wrapped his arms around her, lifting her from the floor. As if in response to his touch, she stirred awake, a faint "Murtasim" escaped her lips, her eyes fluttering open and locked with his.

He met her gaze with a reassuring look, "Bed pe sojao," he whispered and carried her weight effortlessly in his arms. She didn't utter a word, her eyes fixed on his face, silently absorbing his presence. With utmost care, he laid her down on the bed. Murtasim couldn't help but notice her delicate grasp on his collar, it reminded him of how she had grasped his collar with fervor earlier. She released her hold with restraint. Tucking her in and gently covering her with a warm blanket, he asked "Kuch chahiye tumhe?". She noticed the wound on his hand and understood he purposely harmed himself. "Kya Murtasim ko is baat ka afsos hai?" she wondered, reflecting on the consequences of their impulsive actions. If only Meerab hadn't let her emotions overpower her, perhaps they wouldn't have found themselves in this situation. She recalled how she shed all her inhibitions when she was with him. They didn't communicate but Murtasim had an instinctive knowledge of what she needed. They anticipated each other's movements. Murtasim's touch was unapologetically rough but to Meerab, it acted as a catalyst. She remembered how he made her feel powerless and at his mercy. She was guilty because she surrendered herself at that moment to fulfill their darkest desires. An internal cry of regret echoed within her. "Ye kya kardia maine? Kya soch raha hoga mere baarein main?" she thought to herself.

"Meerab?" he called, breaking her out of her thoughts. She looked at him, feeling his undivided attention. His raised eyebrows silently questioned if she needed anything. With a slight shake of her head, she conveyed her answer. 

As he stepped outside, his gaze fell upon Haya, walking impatiently and restlessly outside the corridor. Ignoring her presence, he dismissed her as unimportant, a mere shadow in his life. However, the memory of Haya's treacherous schemes resurfaced, reminding him of the role she played in planting seeds of doubt between him and Meerab. It halted his steps. Haya had crossed the line, disregarding his repeated warnings to leave Meerab alone and move on with her life.

"Murtasim," she called out to him, rushing towards his side. He looked at her angrily. "Haya," he uttered, his voice a controlled whisper that barely concealed the seething rage beneath. He paused before continuing "Andar jaane ki yaa Meerab se baat karni ki koshish ki, toh mujhse bura koi nahi hoga" he warned.

"Murtasim, main kyu?" Haya tried to say, but he raised his hand to halt her, he silenced her with a gaze filled with sheer contempt. "Raat bahut hogayi hai apne kamre main jao," he commanded leaving no room for argument.

He drove away from the house and the entire night, Murtasim found solace in smoking, his mind consumed by thoughts of Meerab. A bittersweet smile graced his lips when he remembered how willingly she surrendered herself, never once hesitating or pushing him away. Her innocence in her touch was endearing, yet beneath it all, she possessed the spirit of a wild cat.