Tardeed

Note : Do share your thoughts and comment! And my sole reason to write is to redeem every character.

"Ya Allah! Kya hogaya ise?" Maa Begum shouted in terror when she saw Meerab lying unconscious on the floor. "Meerab!" Anwar panicked and rushed to wake her up. He called her name multiple times, "Koi doctor ko bulao!" he shouted.

Maa Begum, deeply concerned about the reputation their khaandaan, hesitated for a moment before speaking, "Bhabhi? Kya soch rahi hain aap?" he exclaimed. 

"Jaldi phone karo," she instructed Haya. Meanwhile, Anwar desperately sprinkled water on Meerab's face, but she showed no signs of regaining consciousness. Overwhelmed with worry, Anwar cried out, "Kya hogaya meri bachi ko?" as he gazed at her pale face. He realized that she hadn't been eating properly, and he reproached himself for not making an effort to talk to her.

With great care, Anwar lifted Meerab and placed her gently on the bed. He began rubbing her hands and legs alternately, his voice trembling with concern, "Bahut tez bukhaar hai, hamein hospital leke jaana hoga." Maa Begum, attempting to console him, said, "Sabar se kaam lo, Anwar, kuch nahi hoga." She swiftly called for the maid to bring some wet towels.

"Kahaan hai doctor?" Anwar asked anxiously. "Kahin der na hojaye, hamein hospital jana chahiye."

"Aise nahi jaa sakte, Anwar! Woh iss khandan ki bahu hain! Hamare izzat ka kya hoga!?" Maa Begum scolded.

"Bhabhi uski zindagi ka sawal hain!" he cried, "Kuch nahi hoga usse!" Maa Begum assured him, trying to calm his panicking state.

"Kuch nahi hoga! Dekho, doctor saab aa gaye hain," she said, relief evident in her voice.

Murtasim arrived at the haveli, rushing towards his room. To his surprise, he found everyone gathered outside the room as the doctor gave saline to Meerab. Meerab was awake now, with Anwar tenderly feeding her soup. "Thoda aur pee lo," he pleaded, and she complied, taking small sips.

Worriedly, Murtasim glanced at everyone present, his eyes filled with concern. "Kya hua?" he asked, seeking an explanation.

Nobody responded, their fear rendering them speechless. "Doctor?" he inquired, desperately seeking answers.

"Nothing serious Mr. Khan. It's due to weakness, kuch khaya nahi haina and this is a psychological response to stress. Inko bhukhaar chad gaya! She'll be fine, medication dediya hain" the doctor explained calmly. 

Gazing at Meerab, her pain evident, Murtasim slowly approached her and sat beside her on the bed, across from Anwar. Meerab, who had been staring at him, softly called out his name, "Murtasim," a sense of relief in her voice. Murtasim remained silent, anger and hurt evident in his eyes. He was filled with questions, unsure of what she truly wanted. It was a maddening cycle: whenever he drew near, she pushed him away, yet when he held his distance, she seemed to long for his presence. Did she even know what she wanted?  It seemed like she was punishing herself, but he couldn't fathom why.  

"Mujhe aur nahi chahiye," Meerab stated weakly. "Bas thoda aur," Anwar patiently insisted, and she reluctantly agreed. He continued to feed her the soup and gave her the medicines. With tenderness, he caressed her hair, whispering, "Aaram karlo, beta," hoping to ease her discomfort.

"Murtasim, tum bhi haath muh dho lo, khana lag gaya hai. Thak gaye hoge," Maa Begum suggested.

"Mai yahin dinner kar leta hun," Murtasim replied, expressing his desire to stay by Meerab's side.

Haya couldn't bear to witness the tender care and affection Murtasim had for Meerab. Seeing Meerab respond to his presence only added to her pain. She quietly left the room.