Chapter 1

George pov

It was the middle of the school day. I was running through the halls to my next class. I knew I had to hurry because if I was 'tardy' again, I would be getting detention. 

I cut corners and took shortcuts to get to the room quicker. 

Damn Clay for keeping me so late. I hadn't even noticed when the warning bell had rung, so I didnt know how much longer I had until class actually started. 

I slid into the classroom just as the bell rings. Unfortunately, my teacher in this class is a bitch, and unless you're sitting down when class begins, she still labels you as late. 

I thought I was done for, but something from the back of the classroom flew through the air, hitting my teacher's glasses off of her face, giving me a minute to sit down before she recovered. 

Of course, the projectile was thrown from one of my friends, Alex Maldonado. He says that Alex is short for something, but he won't tell us what it is. A year ago, he also decided that he didnt like being called Alex, either, so we call him Quackity after his boyfriend's duck that he'd taught to bi its owner. 

I shoot Quackity a smile, grateful for his help, before I turn my attention back to the front of the classroom, putting on an innocent face over my stifled laughter. 

My teacher, Ms Leal, looked around the class furiously trying to pinpoint who was late and who had thrown the paper at her. 

With a huff, I guess she decided that she wouldn't be able to figure it out, and she turned back to the board and started teaching. 

I started zoning out, thinking about my crush...

Clay. 

I loved his straight, mixed-blonde hair. It was really pretty and it flopped right above his forehead, providing shade to his dark green eyes that seemed to glint in sunlight in spite of it. 

I's had a crush on Clay for a long time, but had only come to terms with it about two months ago with the help of Alex. 

I hadn't had the courage to ask him out until now. I was going to take him somewhere special after school. 

Maybe, by tomorrow, I would be with him. 

Alex tapped me shoulder and I turned to him, regretting it immediately after because of the knowing grin he had on his face, his eyes warning me to pay attention.

But it was so hard to pay attention to anyone else other than Clay. I was so excited for tonight. I wasn't all too nervous because Q had helped me out with that, and I'd been building up this courage for a long time.

I walked out of the classroom. I had one more class before the end of the day, and I had it with CLay. 

This is where I was planning to ask him out this evening. 

But before i got to my class, I was grabbed by someone from behind and some kind of cloth, a sock I'm guessing, into my mouth to gag me. 

I was dragged, writhing, to the behind the school by two burly guys. 

They said nothing as they threw me onto the ground and I grunted, spitting the sock out of my mouth and preparing to call out for one of my friends. I knew that they were in class right now, but it was worth a shot. 

Before i could, one of them kicked my ribs harshly. I was winded temporarily, taking away all ability to talk. 

"What? Doesn't hurt?" a boy with long, blonde hair said. "Can't scream? Must be all that fat that's cushioning the blows. If so, then a couple more shouldn't hurt. 

They kept hitting me, slurring at me, cussing me out, body shaming me. I fell numb. I was crying, but I was too tired to sob, too tired to contort my face into one of agony. 

They made fun of my bright blue hoodie and whitewash jeans, pouring colored drinks and dirt onto them, staining my hoodie a dark brown and my jeans a multicolored, sticky mess. 

They left me hurriedly, laughing, as soon a as the bell rang. 

I just lay there a little longer. 

I could vaguely hear my name being called, but I tuned it out.

Soon, all voices faded away, and I got up and started my way home.