01

one year after the attack

Y/N:

"hey Y/N, ready to go?" tara calls out to me from the room next to me.

after our so called friend and sam's psychotic boyfriend tried murdering us, we decided we needed to start from square one again.

"yeah just give me a minute!" i say fixing my hair, and giving myself one last look in the mirror.

we were currently attending the same university, and when we moved here, me, tara, and sam decided to live in the same apartment a long with our new roommate, quinn. mindy also met someone, a sweet girl named anika, and chad and my brother have their own place, with their new roommate named ethan.

me and ryan are still on good terms with our adoptive parents. although in the beginning after they told us about our real parents we were a bit doubtful, but we eventually got over it and forgave them. they may not have birthed us but they still raised us as their own, and gave us the love every child deserves from their parents since the day we were born.

they even suggested us to move over here, and are paying for our college education. i can't thank them enough.

anyways, we were on our way to a halloween frat party, and i honestly didn't want to go since these type of college parties give me major anxiety, but tara wouldn't stop begging me and i eventually gave in.

she can also get out of control at times at these things, so i wasn't going to let her go on her own, she already has sam paranoid.

tara walks into my room, "woah you look so good". i see her expression from the mirror.

she was dressed as a pirate, and i was going as (your favorite scary movie character).

"thank you tee, so do you." i compliment her back, giving her a small smile.

"now let's go, sam will be here any minute." she grabs my hand and drags me out of the room. as we're walking down the hallway we hear moans coming from quinn's room.

honestly good for her, she lives her life careless not caring about what people think and i love that. if roles were reversed and it was a man jumping from girl to girl, society would praise him.

"get it quinn!" tara yells, causing the both of us to chuckle as we walk out the front door.

~

we walk into the party and right away i feel my ears throb from the loud music. i swear, i felt like they were gonna burst any second.

"i'm gonna go get a drink, do you want one?" tara yells over the music loud enough for me to hear.

"i'm okay right now thank you." i yell back.

she nods and walks away from me as she goes over to a table filled with a ton of alcohol bottles.

i look awkward just standing here as i scan my eyes through the room and randomly spot mindy and anika sitting down on a couch.

i make my way towards them as i bump into people and a few couples sucking their faces off, jesus why can't they just get a room.

i sit down next to them, crossing my leg and resting my back on the couch, "hey guys."

"Y/N so glad you made it." anika pulls me into a hug.

"hey Y/N." mindy says looking straight ahead.

i follow mindy's gaze and notice shes looking at some guy dressed in a ghost face mask. these stab fans, we just can't escape them.