04

Y/N:

"just to let you know, mindy takes these things a little too serious so don't take it to heart if she labels you as a suspect."

it was the following day, ethan showed up to the apartment in the morning so i can walk with him to the university.

"note taken. if you don't mind me asking, why would she think it's me? i mean im practically seen as the nerdy shy guy in this group, i wouldn't even dare." he replies.

"we would have never thought amber would hurt us and she did, so ever since that we've been trying to be careful on who we let in our lives." i look down.

he stops walking and turns to me, "just to be clear, what do you think?" he asks.

"what do you mean?" i slightly tilt my head in confusion.

he hesitates to respond as he stares down to my lips and back to my eyes, "you don't think it's me, right?" he says in a low but sincere tone.

"no, of course not. and i'm sorry you have to be dragged into this mess, but since your living with chad and my brother and we're all practically friends, you have to know these rules because the killer targets anyone who's in contact with us" i say.

"i know we haven't known each other for long, but i can tell your a good soul. and i would never paint you as a bad person." i look at him.

he moves his gaze back to me as a smile forms on his face, "you really mean it?"

"yeah, i do." i smile back.

"thank you Y/N. that really means a lot. and just know that i will never do any thing to hurt you." he moves closer as he places his hand on my cheek, "i'll always be here to protect you."

my gaze follows down to his lips, as i was tempted to smash mine against his but it was too soon, and i didn't want to humiliate myself knowing he might not feel the same way.

i felt my phone vibrate, as i slowly move back and pull it out, seeing that i have a new message from tara.

tara: hey where are u guys? we're all here already.

me: sorry, me and ethan got carried away in a conversation but don't worry we'll be there shortly !

tara is typing...

tara: ooooh sorry for interrupting your romantic time ;)

me: tara !! we had a nice platonic talk i promise it was nothing like that !! we're on our way.

tara is typing...

tara: that's what they all say...

i playfully shake my head and turn my phone off as we began walking again.

~

"about time you two show up." mindy says as she looks over to us.

"seriously, ryan's protective ass was already overthinking that you guys were up to something." sam states.

"hey let them be, i'm sure they wanted their alone time before coming here." chad shoots us a smirks.

"okay none of that, we're here already so let's just get this over with." i walk over and sit next to tara on the bench, ethan following and sitting next to me.

mindy stands in front of all of us, "okay nerds, listen up." she claps her hands.

"as terrifying as this all is, i'm actually glad i get a chance to redeem myself for not calling the killers last time."