02

Y/N:

we walk into the living room where the others were sitting down, seeing that all of their eyes were glued to the tv. me and ethan join them as we both sit down next to each other.

just then, sam walks through the door, with the cute neighbor behind her.

"what's going on?"

"cute boy!" quinn points at the guy, "nice."

"their names have just been released by police. jason carvey and greg bruckner." the news reporter states through the tv.

"holy shit it's that chode from our film studies class, the one obsessed with argento." mindy points out.

"also found at the scene were various ghost face costumes, a character popularized by the stab movie franchise."

i felt like i was gonna throw up. could it really be? no, we got rid of them last year. i was really hoping this was a joke and had nothing to do with any of us. but it's also halloween so there's obviously going to be people roaming the streets in masks doing stupid shit.

i began to slightly tremble.

ethan notices my sudden mood change and holds onto my hand for comfort. "are you okay? your shaking."

"i'll be okay." i whisper at him trying to stop myself from having a whole panic attack.

"try to relax." he quietly tells me as he moves his hand towards my back and soothingly rubs it.

"thank you." i tell him, "any time." he gives me a heartwarming look.

"pack a bag." sam starts, "we leave in ten." she makes her way to the kitchen.

"sam, wait." tara shoots up from her seat, following her.

"what?", the cute guy is now confused.

"thank you very much suspicious new guy but i think we got it from here." chad begins to push him out the door, "have a good night, get home safe. go go go go." he hurries him away as he closes and locks the door.

sam storms back into the living room with a knife in her hand.

"let's talk about this for a second, this might not even have anything to do with us!" tara says.

"are you serious?" sam is not having it.

tara glances at the tv, "it's a big city! it's halloween and everyone's wearing masks."

"but this isn't a coincidence! you knew this guy." sam says in disbelief.

"barely." tara debates.

sam turns looking in our direction, "chad, mindy, Y/N, ryan back me up."

"i mean it is a little bit.." chad starts, "close to home." mindy finishes.

me and ryan turn to look at each other, "yeah, it is kinda weird how someone who 'barely' knew you randomly gets killed by someone in a ghost face mask. sorry tee." ryan nods agreeing with me, "that part."