𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 63: Almost

Y'all, I've been reading this Webtoon comic for three days now, it's called Wished You We're Dead. Definitely worth the time, and it is heart... uhm... wrenching? Anyways, it's greatDefinitely a great story!!!

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

Lady Bone Demon narrowed her eyes at the red python, her form getting weaker the longer she's exposed without a host. She was waiting for a reaction out of the golden furred simian that the creature suddenly swallowed whole, she expected him to burst out of her throat, punch his way out of her gut, but none of those occurred within the reptile. "... Very impressive, I commend you for doing such a precarious act, and with an immortal sage at that." She slithers forward, releasing a cloud of red mist and transforms into a huodou. The dog figure releases fire off of her mouth, engulfing her in flames and blocking the demon's vision of her.

The skeleton fans off the flames, preparing a ball of blue energy for the strike against the shapeshifter, but once the smog clears up, the woman is nowhere to be found. Lady Bone Demon looks around, preparing herself for another fight.

"Looking for me?"

She looks down, seeing a tiny human holding tiny dual blades in her hands.

"Or me?"

"What about me?"

"Over here!"

"Just look at yourself."

Her gaze jumps to and fro from the multiple women that popped out from her concealed vision, almost filling up the area with multiple voices of one similar woman. "Duplication..." she uttered. It was Monkey King's powers, one that would've greatly benefited her in eradicating the entire universe.

Mini versions of Xiu jumped towards the skeleton, digging their own blades into its ectoplasmic skin. They all chipped away at it until only the core was left untouched, surprising the demon of the sudden turn of the tables against her. She used the spider souls once more, hovering into a much more higher distance than before. For her, it seemed as if the dual blades were quick and successful to devour Sun Wukong for the mortal to be able to use his cultivated powers at ease. The artifact is more powerful than she originally assumed it would be, but it's fitting to say the least, a weapon to give her enough power to reconstruct the world after using the Samadhi Fire.

The display below her distracted her enough to not notice the looming presence behind her—a giant mogwai— caging her with its sharp claws. She zoomed away just in time and dodged two and three attempts of encaging her, then releases attacks of her own as well, raising pillars upon pillars of icebergs. This rendered her incapable of another chase, but that didn't stop her there, an attack that looks similar to the simian's— sort of like a heat ray— bursts out of her mouth and followed after the Lady Bone Demon as she moved about.

MK had long since defeated the soul of the Spider Queen, but chose to hide himself to get a good perspective of what is going on. He never knew Xiu had this much power in her, and they're almost similar to pretty much everything he knew, so why had she been holding back? The sight before him sent shivers down his spine, it's not even nearly as aesthetic looking as Macaque's smoke monster. He watched as the mini Xiu's started dissipating as soon as the former Spider Queen henchmen's souls were defeated, looking at his staff, then at Xiu. He had to do something somehow.

"Fool, you'd only limit your time in this world," she says to the mogwai. "I hope you hadn't forgotten your limit at the expense of greater power."