61-I JUST REALISED THIS!!!

so, this whole time, I've been complaining about proshippers and comshippers, and how gross they are...

BUT IT'S JUST OCCURED TO ME, THAT SOME OF MY FOLLOWERS MAY NOT KNOW WHAT PROSHIPPING AND COMSHIPPING IS...

So...here's an explanation on what those mean, feel free to skip if you already know what those words mean, and why exactly they're gross...

(⚠️TRIGGER WARNING⚠️ mentions of pedophillia, incest, true crime, and other REALLY gross stuff)

So, in short, proshipping used to mean that people shouldn't be harassed over certain ships, which is true, DON'T HARRASS PEOPLE OVER CERTAIN SHIPS...

But...a lot of proshippers have used it as an excuse to ship gross things, such as incest, pedophillia, and abusive relationships...

Now, proshipping is the belief that people should be allowed to ship these things, and comshipping means actually shipping those things, but those two terms tend to get used interchangeably...

Some examples of proships/comships include...

-Parent x child
-sibling x sibling
-adult x child
-abusive partner x victim

So...why is proshipping/comshipping bad? Aside from the obvious reason...

One common excuse you'll hear from proshippers/comshippers, is that it's fiction, and that "fiction doesn't effect reality", this argument can be easily debunked with two points...

1: just because it's "fiction", doesn't mean it's not STILL weird and gross, something being fictional doesn't change the fact that proshippers are still drawing pedofilic ships...

2: there are cases of fiction affecting reality, just look at ANY criminal that based their crimes on fiction...

(Just look up the "Slenderman stabbings" or the Scott Dyleski case, for reference)

Also, some proshippers/comshippers use it as a "coping mechanism"...honestly, it's great that some people are finding ways to cope with trauma, but I don't see how NORMALISING your trauma is a good coping mechanism...but that's just me...

Does that mean media shouldn't have dark themes...?

No, of course not! It's perfectly fine for stories to have darker themes, such as pedophillia, rape, abuse, etc, it only becomes a problem when those themes are romanticised...

Also, proshippers/comshippers tend to use emoji combos, to let people know that they're proshippers and comshippers, and it's honestly sad, because alot of people tend to accidentally use these emoji combos for the aesthetics, without realising what they actually mean, here's some of the emoji combos...

So...why is this in my spooky month ramblings? Simple...

Cause, FOR SOME REASON, proshippers are very common in the spooky month fandom...

Some examples of proships in the spooky month fandom are...

Skid x Bob (pedophillia)
Kevin x Ross (pedophillia)
Pump x Susie (incest)
Lila x Susie (pedophillia)
Roy x The Uncle (pedophillia, incest, and SA)
Robert x John (John is his fucking UNCLE, so pedophillia and incest...)
Robert x Radford (incest)

And yes...these are all REAL ships that I've found

these are all REAL ships that I've found

Something important to note is...DON'T USE THIS AS AM EXCUSE TO HARRASS PROSHIPPERS OR COMSHIPPERS!

as gross as these people are, harassment is NEVER okay under any circumstances, it'll only make things worse, if you encounter a proshipper or a comshipper, don't interact with them, just ignore them, or block them if they're REALLY a problem...

(So...how much y'all wanna bet that proshippers or comshippers are gonna find this, and start arguing with me in the comments?)