6. Getting Ready

Lucas steps out of his class, backpack slung over one shoulder, strolling down the hall with his phone in hand. He slowly makes his way to the library with plans to finish his sociology paper while texting back a few girls he's been chatting to occasionally.

Eventually, he makes it to the second floor of the library, settling down at an empty table in the corner. But as he pulls out his laptop and is about to open the lid, someone slides up across from him and places a hand over the device, preventing him from doing anything.

"Um, do you mind?"

"I do mind." The man gives a tight smile.

The student is both baffled and irritated. "Do I know you?"

"You're about to." The suited man takes a seat on the bench, brushing a strand of his dark hair away from his face. He channels his cocky persona, giving off a relaxed smile. "Let me introduce myself. I'm Jeon Jungkook."

Lucas's brow lifts. "And I care because?"

"Impatient, aren't you?" Jungkook clears his throat. "You should care because I work for the Presidential Security Service which is responsible for protecting all members of the Blue House and ensuring their safety... I think you know where I'm going with this."

The student's face pales. His expression falls.

The bodyguard opens up his suit blazer, digging for the inside pocket before he takes out a piece of paper and casually unfolds it.

Inside, a black and white CCTV shot is shown- one of Lucas holding Taehyung up against the wall outside a bathroom, the former grabbing the latter's collar.

Jungkook slides the picture over. "We have evidence of you assaulting one of the family members of the President."

"I-I..."

Jungkook smiles. "I think you know what this means. You shouldn't be worried about your expulsion from this school. If it happens again, if you even get within ten meters of Kim Taehyung or anyone from the President's family, you will be charged with physical assault and battery. Those charges will lead to imprisonment."

"I-I'm sorry." Lucas's head is lowered and he whispers in the silent library, nervousness making his hands shake in his lap. "I wasn't thinking straight and I-I... p-please... please don't press charges. I r-really can't afford to lose my place here."

"Don't worry," Jungkook assures and his kindness is only more frightening. "As long as there's no reason for us to consider you a threat, then you'll be fine. Take this as a warning."

"I-I promise I won't talk to him again."

"Good." The younger nods. "I think it's best you steer clear of all this and focus on studying, Choi Lucas. It seems based on your academic performance that you need it. Maybe less partying will help with your overall performance. Your mother wouldn't be too happy if she knew."

He's a fish out of water, mouth opening and closing, face heating in shame.

"So, are we clear?" he asks and the other nods frantically. "Fantastic. I'll be on my way then. Hopefully we won't have to chat again."

Jungkook gets up and walks away nonchalantly. While people are staring at him, wondering why he's in a whole suit in the middle of the day at the school library, he doesn't care enough about their looks. Rather, he's focused on the fact that it's the first time he feels truly intimidating and powerful.

Neither Chief nor Seokjin would never approve if they knew he was using his position to threaten someone, but it was a bit of fun and for a good cause too.