Chapter 8

The day of Mitsuya's fashion show, I'm seated in the midst of a buzzing audience. James, Julia's boyfriend, is sitting next to me in the row. We're both equally excited to see Julia walk down the runway, but for me, there's also an other person I can't wait to see today.

As the show begins, the ambient chatter fades into a hushed silence, and the room gets bathed in a cascade of soft lights. Music fills the air, marking the grand entrance of the first models. Mitsuya's creations are unique. They exude an air of elegance and uniqueness that captivates everyone present. I have no doubt he'll make it in Tokyo's fashion industry.

A few moments later, Julia graces the runway. She looks stunning, dressed in a flowing gown and an elaborate jacket. Despite it being her debut as a runway model, she's really good and looks confident. A quick glance at James confirms that he shares my sentiment. His eyes glisten with admiration as he watches his girlfriend confidently stride down the catwalk.

Following a series of stunning models, the spotlight shifts, and it's finally Draken's moment to take the stage. He strides forward, the spotlights accentuating the chiseled angles of his jawline and the strong bridge of his nose. With his gaze fixed steadfastly ahead, he walks with confidence, betraying no hint of emotion. My eyes stay stuck to him until he disappears.

The grand finale approaches and Mitsuya, the fashion creator, appears on the stage. The moment he steps into the spotlight, a thunderous wave of applause erupts. With grace and humility, he bows before the audience.

After he disappears backstage, the audience begins to disperse, and James and I make our way towards the exit to wait for Julia. Soon enough, she emerges with a radiant smile, basking in the afterglow of her performance.

"You were amazing," I compliment her.

"You really were, babe," James agrees.

Julia's smile widens at our compliments. "Aw, thank you guys."

"Are you hungry?" James asks her, and Julia nods. "Starving."

"Let's go grab a bite then," James offers, his hand reaching out to intertwine with hers. She takes his hand and offers me to go with them, but I'm not really in the mood to third weel so I decline.

"No, it's alright. I'll see you on Monday."

They walk out hand in hand, leaving me to observe the bustling room once more. People are having conversations about their thoughts and impressions on the show, while models exit their designated area. Amidst the crowd, I catch sight of Draken. He's changed clothes and is wearing casual clothes now.

Our gazes lock from a distance, and he starts making his way towards me. A lot of people turn their heads to look at him as he walks but he doesn't seem to notice as his gaze remains fixed on me.

I can't help but jest as he stops before me, "Can I have an autograph?"

He gives a light chuckle. "Did you enjoy the show?" 

"It was great. I mean, you were great. You should really consider making this your career, you know."

Draken dismisses the notion with another light chuckle. "Nah, this was a one-time thing."

I feign disappointment and gesture towards a group of women who can't seem to tear their eyes away from him. "Too bad. Looks like you already have fans."

His gaze follows my line of sight. "I'm sure they'll get over it," he says under his breath before looking back at me. "So, what are you up to now?"

"Julia already left with her boyfriend, so I was just going to go home."

"Do you want to grab something to eat with me?" Draken offers, and a smile tugs at my lips.

"Yes."

Together, we step out of the building, our pace matching as we stroll side by side along the bustling sidewalk. 

"Isn't the school year nearly over?" Draken asks, tucking his hands in the pockets of his bomber jacket.

"It is," I confirm. "Just one more week to go."

"Have you already figured out what you want to do after?"

"I'm not sure yet, but Julia's going to New York to pursue her modeling career, and she wants me to go with her," I share, pausing briefly before turning my head to face him. "You think I should go?"

He thinks for a moment, his gaze still fixed ahead. "Yeah, you probably should. I mean, New York's a great city. No matter what you want to do or what you want to study, you'll find opportunities there."

I hum in agreement.

These past weeks, I've been racking my brain trying to decide what to do after high school. One one hand, I've always wanted to travel outside of the country, and living in New York with Julia could be one of the best experiences of my life. On the other hand, I've never spent more than one day away from my father, Ran, and my godafethers. And going to New York would also mean not seeing Mikey for a really long time.

"You do realize that if I leave, it means you won't see me for months, right? Are you sure you'll be okay?" I tease Draken with a playful smile.

"Oh, how will I ever survive?" he responds sarcastically and I chuckle.

"Hey," I speak softly, capturing his attention again as we continue our walk. "If I do decide to go, would you mind keeping my Triumph Trident at your shop while I'm away?"

"Sure, no problem," he assures.

It'll be safer there. 

Plus, it'll give me a reason to go see Draken when I come back.