Epilogue-Knighted

After the bell stops ringing, King Arthur nods to his manservant. The man, Easton, holds a sword in a scabbard out for his King. 

"Lady Alys, step forward," King Arthur states, pulling his ceremonial sword from its scabbard. A servant places a fabric-covered stool in front of the King. 

Sir Gawain nudges his wife to stand before King Arthur. Lady Alys stands before her King and smiles, her head held high. Seven-year-old Lady Alys is beaming, this is something she's waited her whole life for. Her oldest dream. 

"Lady Alys, please kneel," 

The Lady lifts her dress slightly and kneels on the stool. She keeps her back straight, shoulders down, and her head even, not tilted.

The King smiles as he begins to speak the knight's code. He asks her if she is willing to conform to the laws of knighthood. Lady Alys nods and clearly tells her King she is willing. 

Without another delay, King Arthur taps her on both shoulders and tells her to rise as Dame Alys, knight of Camelot. 

"Dame Alys, for your dedication to my son and seeing him returned at all cost, I gift to you my father's sword," King Arthur states. He reaches to his side and takes the sword and scabbard from Easton. "Long may it defend you from harm," 

Dame Alys takes the sword and marvels at its beauty. She never thought she'd receive a Kingly gift upon being knighted. Let alone the sword she was given in case Prince Lohot needed a blade on their journey back to Camelot. 

"Now, go. Enjoy your husband," King Arthur winks at the newly married couple. The King watches his cousin and his wife walk back into the castle. Once they are out of sight, King Arthur turns his gaze to the window his wife stands in. 

They share a sorrowful look. Then Queen Guinevere leaves her window.