2

Around the time where Jeongguk presented as a beta, Namjoon started having heats. He quickly got on suppressants, and so did Taehyung a few months after, when he started having heats. Since then everything was balanced out in the mating-department. Sure, Taehyung liked hooking up with other idol friends, and Seokjin had one or two almost-boyfriends outside the band when BTS got more popular, but other than that, it was quiet in the dorm.

Everyone knew Tae sometimes hooked up with Jeongguk or Namjoon, and nobody minded. They were all pretty close after all. What nobody understood though was Yoongi's sexual activity or interests.

He rapped about bringing people to Hong Kong with his tongue, he made all kinds of innuendos in his raps, yet he never went out to see anyone. Ever. He didn't bring anyone home and as far as Seokjin knew – and he knew everything about the members' whereabouts, always – he never went out with anyone. It seemed like Yoongi worked, slept, and sometimes when he didn't forget, ate. Repeat. In his free time he locked himself in his room to sleep some more, or went off to study some instrument or new studio device. Sometimes he shopped for furniture and fixed appliances around the dorm. That's it.

At first they just thought he was a simple man with simple tastes. But after they got curious and googled maybe a little too much, they found out that the ruts alphas usually go through every two to three months are... rough. There aren't any suppressants for alphas – only omegas and their heats. Various internet articles told Seokjin and Namjoon though that alphas felt an extremely strong hormonal need to mate, to be close to somebody and to touch and be touched. That was a few days after they had a special band bonding evening and Yoongi told them about his depression, so they started googling a little more about alpha psychology and their anatomy, just to feel closer and understand him better since he never shared his feelings that openly...

What they asked themselves, and the next morning Hoseok and the maknaes, was: why didn't Yoongi hit on any of them? They knew Yoongi to be bisexual, he came out to them himself during their second year together, and they knew they were all attractive pop-stars. And yet Yoongi didn't even flirt jokingly like Hoseok liked to do with Tae and Jimin. He never even tried to woo any of them or show signs of attraction. He always spends his ruts alone, in his room, and they never talk about it or hear anything from him.

"He would tell us if something was on his mind, right? He trusts us like we trust him. Right?" Jimin asked Seokjin, who just shrugged slowly and got lost in thought again.

The interviews and fan asks soon started asking the same stuff the members minus Yoongi wondered about. 'How is he at home?', 'Why don't any of you have mating marks?', 'Has he secretly been seeing someone? Or marked anyone? Is he a player?', 'Why hasn't he marked all of you to show mark his territory? At least the omegas?', 'Is he maybe dominant once the camera turns off?' ... it confused the members even more, though they knew how Yoongi was and trusted him. They didn't want to offend him with any questions and sensitive topics, especially since he didn't talk about these things and seemed uncomfortable anytime someone mentioned his subgender.

They soon dropped the topic.