5

It was. It was impossibly hard. They tried everything.

First was Namjoon. He tried crawling into Yoongi's bed at night, or rather, afternoon when the older was about to wake up and surprised him with cuddles. Yoongi actually was surprised at first, but sleepily returned the cuddles just to start dozing off in the new position. "Are you alright Namjoon-ah? You know you can tell Hyung if something's bothering you. Is it the new album?" he whispered lowly, trying to reassure Namjoon, who got caught off-guard by Yoongi's sweetness. "N-No, hyung... I... actually, there is something bothering me about the new album. We just have never done anything close to this genre, it's completely new territory and does techno even sound good like that?" he started, everything pouring out unexpectedly. Needless to say, the mood was killed, or rather, there never was a 'mood' in the first place, just platonic cuddles with Yoongi. Which was also nice.

Then came Jeongguk. He tried seducing Yoongi by taking him out to let him buy Jeongguk lamb-skewers. Tae said he just exploited the situation to get food, but Jeongguk had a plan. Simulate real dates and Yoongi will feel romantic feelings. He got sauce on his lips and let Yoongi wipe it away, he dropped things, all the time, and bend over to show off his ass, he flexed nonstop when his arms were crossed, and yet... nothing. No spark. He gave his all but Yoongi just seemed disinterested, or interested in the food, and about the economical aspects of running a lamb-skewer business, so Jeongguk gave up and talked about that with Yoongi. Running a lamb-skewer business.

Next up was Jimin, who was sure that dance practice was where it'd happen. Where Yoongi'd snap. He got out his sexiest move, practicing one-on-one with Yoongi and even in the group of seven, he'd always be all over Yoongi, touching him seemingly innocently. Yoongi just didn't react. He let Jimin put him into position, he let Jimin help him stretch even if it hurt like hell, he let Jimin dance his heart out at trying to be sexy in the mirror, without a glance. Or sometimes, he did watch Jimin, just to compliment him on how far he's come and that he's truly one of the best dancers Yoongi's ever seen. Which alright, did kind of please Jimin, but he still failed his mission. Even though he flashed his abs and had really low sitting sport pants on. It was like Yoongi was immune. (Tae though, Tae was completely horny by the end of every dance practice, practically jumping on Jimin every time they got to shower).

None of them succeeded. Hoseok tried giving Yoongi massages, who reluctantly agreed just to complain about how it hurts and still falling asleep during the said massages. Seokjin cooked dinner for Yoongi and stroked his hair when cuddling in bed, which also made Yoongi fall asleep. Tae was forbidden by the rest of them to approach Yoongi in that kind of fashion for they feared he'd scare Yoongi or push him, to which Tae begrudgingly agreed.

So they decided to take on a more direct approach.

"We've decided to go off suppressants." Namjoon declares during a group meeting after practice at dinner. Yoongi freezes, but everyone else knows of the plan so they act natural. "Tae and I think we should try living without heat suppressants for a while as a body-cleanse, you know? Our dancing may become better that way, but there will be one big issue. The heats. You guys are our pack, so it's your obligation to help us through those heats." the leader continued in a calm voice. "We're not going off the suppressants right now, but just giving you a heads up that it'll be soon, and when we need you guys, you're gonna have to be there for us." Tae takes over, looking everyone in the eyes. Technically they could go through together without any help, but it's so much easier having four betas and an alpha help them through it.

Everyone agrees, "Sure, you're pack." Hoseok answers. "Yeah, we'll help you however you want us to." Jimin chimes in. Yoongi nods meekly but stays silent. "Yoongi, you're in? You're the pack alpha, so..." Seokjin trails off, making direct eye contact with the younger.

Yoongi freezes up again, seeming uncomfortable about the whole thing, but what can he do if his omegas need him? Sure, they're not mated or marked, but as of now, there is a clear BTS pack dynamic in which he is their alpha and they're his omegas and betas, relying on him and needing an alpha to trust and help them, protect them. How could he say no? And why would he? Just because he's never been with anyone, because he might be slightly insecure about himself? Sounds pretty selfish, Yoongi thinks to himself. So he nods slowly, looking at the ground and answers "Yeah, we'll all assist you in any way possible, we'll help you through it." and breathes out, a little bit calmer now.

Right after that, it hits him though, that he'll probably be expected to knot them. Both of them. He's never done that before, he's never even been with anyone. He's gonna have to do a lot of research on that topic, just to make sure, to not fuck it up. He wants his omegas to feel safe, he wants to make them feel good, to be good for them, they trust him after all.

Seokjin brings him out of his thoughts. "Maybe we could help you with your ruts too, if you want to?"

A great blush starts spreading on Yoongi's face, ears and neck. Shocked, he answers, in a slightly higher pitch than usual, "No thank you." He clears his throat. "I mean, no... thank you for offering. It's alright though."

Taehyung starts bouncing on his dining chair, stabbing the Chinese noodles, whining "Come on Hyung! Let us help you! It can't be satisfying only using your hand and that fleshlight we all know you have!" he shakes his shoulders a bit like a child about to throw a tantrum. Everyone is a little bit shocked by Taehyung's forwardness, but has to agree with him.

Yoongi on the other end of the table is so red, Jeongguk thinks he's about to explode. Or pass out. The rapper starts fidgeting in his seat, pours himself another glass of water and gulps it down instantly, still beet red. Jimin, sitting on Yoongi's left, lays a comforting hand on the brunet's bicep. "Hyung, it's okay, you can say no." he whispers, everyone still being able to catch it. Yoongi calms down microscopically, nods weakly, and finishes his food in record time. He's immensely grateful to Jeongguk who changes the topic to the new gaming console he thinks they should get and how it's a good idea if Hoseok would pay for it, to which Hoseok promptly chimes in using his outside voice. And so the typical Bangtan dinner continues, while Yoongi finishes up quickly, washes his dishes and escapes into the solitude of his room, laying down to relax and listen to some music and adjust to the new information and plans they made.

The next morning, they act like nothing happened at all, for which Yoongi is extremely grateful.

"We're probably the only pack in the world with such a shy freaking alpha. And to top it off, he's our only one." Jimin whisper-complains to Hoseok while getting dressed for their special dance stage. "I know you don't mean that to sound like a complaint, which it did by the way, because you're the first one to jump on Yoongi hyung when he does anything cute. So don't even pretend." Hoseok brushes him off easily. Jimin follows him to the studio with a smirk, agreeing silently.