JANUS MISSION IN SURIGAO

Alice, as Janus for now, has a keen sense of smell; besides that, she also has the ability to see things several kilometers away. For her, this is part of the curse imposed on her since she was born in this world. But to remember what the mysterious woman in the forest said Alice needs to be careful this time.

-Earthquake!

The ground seemed to be cracked. It lasts for only ten second.Ten of the shifters had fallen to the ground. They were not hurt; they just couldn't hold on. Some of them go to the nearest tree along the road just to hold themselves from being collapsed.

-Boom!

The next was a sudden rumbling, as the troops of Janus Marasigan were on their way to Surigao.

-Boom!

The sound of rumbling is violent and can be heard throughout the city. Janus Marasigan's head smashed into something hard, causing him to grimace in pain. The same with other warriors.

As Janus Marasigan slowly opened his eyes, he could only see a dim, blurry background. In front of him is a flower plant that seems to have been planted by someone.

He looked at the petals that were yellow. At first, he was amazed at the beautiful kind of this plant but, because of the dim surroundings, he approached this flower to look closely. But he was surprised to see blood on the stem of the plant. Because of this, he thought that the flower is not a natural plant that grew on earth.

"This is not true..."
Janus Marasigan whispered.

"Plants cannot survive without water and sun. You were just a dream" Janus added.

She moaned as he tried to raise his hand to rub the back of his head, but his body wouldn’t move; a mixture of pain, itching, and numbness had left it paralyzed. It was as if his limbs didn’t belong to him; they firmly lay on the ground beside him like four wooden sticks.

"Am I dead?"
His mind was still chaotic.

With his own eyes, Janus watched as a burst of blue electric current emerged in his fingernails. After that, there was a pungent smell of burnt flesh as he lost consciousness.

His head was in a daze; it seemed like all his memories had turned to mush. Janus Marasigan opened his eyes as much as he could, trying to figure out what was going on around him.

"General, wake up!"

Another voice he heard He knew that he was lying on the ground, but Commander Walter tried his best to wake him up. When he finally opened his eyes to another outburst of unbearable pain, he passed out again.

Nobody knew how long it would have been—perhaps one day or perhaps several days. Like a flood breaking out of a dam, a huge and complex wave of thoughts rampaged into his mind.

He couldn’t think about anything else; still bearing a headache, he started exploring the memories that had just flowed into his brain.

"Whoosh!" 

Commander Walter pimped an animal. This white bird landed on Janus's hand. It made a few turns before disappearing again. Unexpectedly, the landing of the bird immediately brought Janus Marasigan back to consciousness.

"General, finally you are awake!"

Commander Walter greets

"What happened?" 

Janus Marasigan rewinds the things happening around him. He realized that he was now lying on the sandy part of the ground, which is lined with thick cloth.

"We made a stop over here first while waiting for you to wake up; anyway, take a general look at where we are."

Commander Walter invited Janus for a walk. When they reached a cliff, they could see the mountainous city of Surigao.