Damian the Prophet

AN- Marinette and Jon are 16 years old. They've been in contact since they turned 14, and Marinette transferred over 6 months ago due to an unexpected unmasking/ identity reveal that went wrong. Thankfully, Marinette Dupain-Cheng doesn't exist, but Marinette Kent does creating an easy escape. The twins were separated at a year old because they had the tendency to sync up, including super power use to a dangerous extent. Lois and Clark flipped a coin, then let Diana Prince aka Wonder Woman vet and pick a family. Marinette grew up attached to the Dupain-Chengs like Clark was Ma and Pa Kent. She adores her foster parents and moved for all of their safety, they still video chat twice a week. 

Damian Wayne was a chaotic gremlin. Most people didn't understand that. Marinette was probably one of the first people who did. Marinette, and her twin brother Jon Kent, and this is  how they found out. 

So one day, the trio were chatting, discussing normal everyday things, like mocking impractical  runway fashion(Marinette), groaning about the latest history test(Jon), and discussing the merits of swords versus batarangs in combat(Damian).

Eventually the chatter circled to the nearest Wayne gala. Jon and Marinette teamed up to poke fun at Damian. 

"Wow a gala-" Jon stated, eyes purposefully wide.

"-imagine how fancy-" Marinette interrupted

"-how boring-" Jon continued

"-enchanting-" Marinette spoke over him.

The two stopped talking over each other to glare, accidentally shooting lasers. Damian quickly pulled out two mirrors and reflected the light into harmless directions. 

"And this is why Marinette grew up in France, a whole ocean away." Damian deadpanned. 

The two optimists burst into giggles, doing the weird twin telepathy thing that had been very common since they reconnected earlier that year. 

"Anyways," Damian said. "Galas are the bane of my existence, and if we weren't trying to help you keep a low profile Nette, I'd invite you along and show you why. Jon already knows, he got dragged into one a couple years ago due to a bet. Weeks after he was hounded about being my potential paramour. We were only 14 Nette."

Damian took a deep breath than mumbled near silence," In fact, I'm not above scheduling a hit on myself to avoid going."

The twins heard him very clearly, but shrugged and thought that he was joking. 

The next day in the news, was the headline: Wayne Heir Targeted By Mother's Enemies, Rushed To Safety In The Nick of Time!!!

Marinette and Jon shared an uneasy glance. 

Two weeks later, Damian once again made an off hand comment. "I'm not against breaking my arm to avoid the mandatory dance recital." Damian had enjoyed the classes he took with his sister, up until the mandatory recital with a glittery bright orange suit. "I draw the line at traffic lights." The dance was announced 3 weeks in advance, and the choreography was unfinished. 

A week later, twitter is blowing up with a Wayne boys fail compilation, the final part done by Damian, involving a robins nest and cracked branch. The nest landed safely, Damian didn't. 

Again, the super twins turned towards each other. 

"Do you think?" Marinette spoke first, trailing off into thought.

"Maybe" Jon drew out. 

"But isn't that extreme?" Marinette asked, her face scrunched up.

"It is Damian Wayne" Jon shrugged helplessly. 

The two stared at each other before quickly looking away, agreeing not to speak of it anymore. 

The three friends were Face Timing each other. Damian huddled in the linen closet to avoid his family interrupting them for the third time that day. Bats are nosy by nature and privacy is a commodity due to it's short supply and high demand. 

"It's chaotic over here. Honestly, I can't wait for college to avoid this mess. I'm really glad to be designated driver to pick you up for Thanksgiving Eve brunch."

"It should be a fun drive, Mom and Dad left yesterday evening from work." Jon added.

"We might be cutting it close to arriving on time." Marinette added worried. 

"Hmm, not a bad idea..." Damian mused. "If we're on track to arrive in time, I'm not above slashing my own tires to avoid making it to this family brunch." 

"Damian." Marinette said sternly. 

"Okay, okay, I won't, it was just a thought." Damian pouted, though if you were to ask anyone, he would heavily deny that fact. 

Halfway there, the car bumped. Damian continued to drive, but the motion of the vehicle was uneven and quickly slowing down. He got out of the car, and looked suspiciously at the front tires. The one on the right was flat. And this was the car Jason just blew out the other tire and didn't have a chance to replace the spare. 

"Damn!" Damian said. "Guess we'll be late."

Marinette glanced at Jon. "Once is happenstance."

"Twice is coincidence." Jon added.

"Third time is enemy action." Marinette continued finishing the famous quote. 

"Or otherwise known as planned." Jon said to adapt the situation to Damian's situation. 

"We're on to you!" Jon and Marinette chorused together. 

Damian shrugged his eyes twinkling. "You'd be the first."

And that is how Marinette and Jon discovered Damian's well hidden mischievous side. And maybe if that's where Marinette started to develop a crush, well nobody ever needed to know.