Chapter 2

Naoto's POV

As I entered the school ground in my actual uniform, I sighed. This sucked ass. Back in our realm, I already went to an Academy and that was before I came to Eostia and I didn't need to go through this again. The biggest problem that I could see was this was previously an all-girls school but now I could see four out of the seven princess knights being students.

We're enemies and this was gonna be a problem that was going to stick for a while. It's not like we could just yell that we were from another realm and keep doing what we've been doing back in ours without looking bat-shit fucking insane. Of course, two out of the four princess knights were Tsundere's gee, Alicia was already a problem to deal with but now Luu-Luu was here too.

The first and second periods of the day were utter shit and not in the way I expected them to be. As I ate my lunch on the roof, I could hear the princess knights spying on me but something else was bugging me. It was the redhead looking at me as she frowned from that weird old building. I hadn't done anything but she was already not liking me, and I wondered why. What did I exactly do? Sure I fell asleep for two periods and skipped detention but it wasn't affecting her so why was she pissy about me?

I then coughed into my hand when no one else was on the roof and called them out on their spying.

''You know...if you think this is actually spying then you four suck at it right? You are not subtle at all.'' I called them out and Alicia was the first to come out she put her hands on her hips as she spoke...no demanded me some answers.

''What is the Dark Elf's Queen Plan right now? She sent us here and you think you can wage war on us?'' Alicia demanded as I sighed and answered her.

''Our plan is just to...survive. The man your boss hired, Volt tried with his men which also includes Beardsley, Grave, and Shamuhaza. Your own allies backstabbed you and as for why we are all here... it's simple but you seem to be in denial so I'll tell ya since I hate war. If her majesty who has all the reasons to hate her sister Celestine cause yes they are related by the way, didn't save you all...you'd be getting raped by Volt, his men which also includes traitors and monsters so I don't think you are in the right to threaten me, girl.'' I spoke defiantly as Alicia recoiled before Kagura spoke up.

''So it was true...I didn't want to believe it. Why would they do that?'' Kaguya asked me as I shrugged at her before answering her.

''Beats me but Beardsley is the Minster of Finance. Graves is the War Veteran Hero and Shamuhaza is the bug breeder who was banished for his inhuman stuff. You tell me but all I know for certain is that it explains why Volt thought he would succeed with his plan. With rats on the inside, he already knew how to block you all.'' I said as they all seem to think on it before prim asked a question.

''You said that Olga would not have saved us including her sister why? Was the reason Lady Celestine told us this war happened a lie?'' Prim asked as I nodded as I told them the truth.

''It is. The war started because Celestine didn't bother reading the evidence Olga sent her via letter. Basically, the Dark Elves' land was cursed by something and Olga asked for her help. She did but eventually, both sides lost many troops for centuries which made Celestine angry as she didn't read the last letter Olga sent her which told her she identified the cause of the curse.'' I said as gasps were heard but I continued on.

''Celestine then declared war after establishing the first seven shield alliance. Grave was a rookie but he said he defeated the curse but he didn't. The truth is he sealed it in the lands of the dark elves which hurt our crops, resources, and many more. This forced her Highness to turn her own people into Ogres which gave her the reputation you know her of today. The curse was only lifted when I escaped the continent I came from by traveling overseas when I became her Dark knight but by then the damage had been done for six hundred years so she had no choice but to expand and attack you all.'' I finished telling them the truth and Kaguya then asked a question.

''If that is the truth then...how is Grave even still alive? He should be over 300 years old?'' Kaguya asked as I nodded and said my piece.

''True which is why I said he sealed it while he claimed to have killed it. If he did kill it, I wouldn't have become her Grace's Dark Knight who killed the curse didn't I?'' I asked rhetorically as they seem to think as they began to leave as the final two periods of the day were about to start, I told them one last thing.

''Hey, ask Celestine the truth. Tell her this. Tell her what I just told you four. It may explain to everyone why this pointless conflict happened right? You'll see if I lied as her reaction will be enough.'' I said as they left but Prim turned towards me and spoke before leaving.

''Dark Knight...no...Naoto. You're not a bad guy after all. You're just...''Prim tried to say but I nodded and finished for her.

''Just someone who like all of you was a nice optimistic dreamer but life decided to end his dream so now all that's left...is a realistic child who was forced to grow up.'' I said as they left.

The day was boring and as school ended, the pretty boy of the school decided to talk with me.

''You are Naoto Uzumaki, right? One of the new students right?'' He asked as I looked at him as I answered him.

''Yeah...and?'' I answered him as I was now cautious since I had done nothing and someone was already on my case. He then continued.

''Very well, I was asked to bring you the Occult Research Club by the President of it.'' He said as I rejected him.

''Sorry, but I'm not interested in joining clubs or anyone. I decline.'' I said but he wouldn't budge sadly so I followed him only to avoid getting attention. Once there, the same redhead from lunchtime. She decided to speak up first.

''Good Day Naoto, I am Rias Gremory and I'd like to ask you a few questions. Do you believe in the supernatural?'' Rias asked me as I decided to straight up tell the truth.

''Not really and quite frankly...I just don't give a fuck about it.'' I said as Rias and all members frowned as she unleashed her bat wings. She then decided to speak up again.

''I see...well it does exist and I'd like to extend to you an offer.'' Rias said as I now connected the dots as I looked around the room. Issei Hyoudou was here and Olga warned me that he was the one Ddraig left as he was a disappointment. She was trying to turn me against Olga and recruit me for Ddraig. I then answered her.

''I see...but as I said earlier to your unbudging member, I am not interested or will ever be. I refuse.'' I said as I turned and left which shocked everyone. This was clearly a first for them but luckily I made it back home. It seemed my life would get harder yet again.