Chapter 5

Naoto's POV

I was eating lunch in the cafeteria when I saw distressed Rias who looked like she barely slept. I walked over to her and decided to make small talk to see what was wrong. While I may not want to be part of her peerage. She looked traumatized. My first words to her were crass and direct but it was needed to get a reaction she looked zoned out.

''Damn...you look like shit. Did you regret adding Issei as he isn't at school? Or is it cause he got expelled along with his two buddies?'' I asked her after saying and I did get a reaction. She looked at me angrily before she snarled back.

''Why do you care? Last time I checked you refused to help me.'' Rias said as I nodded because it was true but my loyalty was to Olga and Chloe. I answered her in all honesty.

''Yes because I already am in service to someone. However, I don't know what has got you into such a mess. All I can say for certain is that what happened is big. I also noticed that part of your anger isn't just aimed at me but also at...yourself.'' I said as Rias nodded before she explained.

''I recruited Issei because I was forced to marry a scumbag. Issei sadly died during that game but someone or whatever found out about my brother having a plan to crash the wedding making a mess of things. It wasn't allowed politically and he died for it. One of my peerage is dead because of this and while I wanted you in peerage for this...I also knew for about 10 years that this day would draw near.'' Rias explained as I nodded before answering her.

''You feel angry at yourself. You knew for 10 years and yet didn't do anything to guarantee your odds. You banked on a lucky gamble and it backfired.'' I said as she nodded and kept explaining.

''Yeah...and yet I thought simply giving them love would heal their wounds but I was wrong. Akeno, my Queen NEEDED more than that" She hated half of herself and she refused to use half of her powers which could have guaranteed my victory. Konoko, my Rook needed to overcome her fears to use all her traits but I didn't help her do that. Kiba, my Knight has revenge issues but I never tried to make him let go of his hatred. Hell, I have a Bishop but...I had to have him sealed because I couldn't,t control him to help him. I really...AM A FAILURE.'' Rias started to sob as I rubbed her back and answered her.

''I wouldn't go that far but you did things wrong. You had a dysfunctional team and as their leader ignored their mental issues and hope for the best for 10 years. Having hope for a lucky gamble is fine but not for such a big thing as what was planned for you. Even if Issei succeeded, at best until you resolved these issues, you might all have depended on him which if he fell just like he died would have simply changed the bigger problem but not fixed all of them. My question is this, what do you plan on doing now?'' I asked her after explaining myself.

She wasn't a failure but she did make many mistakes on very important matters and it did cost her. All there was left was to hope she'd get her but in gear and make things right. The air was tense but Rias did speak again as she thanked me.

''Thank you, Naoto. I thought I was a failure but your words were just without actual insults. Is there anything you can advise me on to help them?'' Rias asked me after thanking me and I smiled and told her what I would do in her shoes.

''Start by breaking their mental barriers. They NEED to face the music before they can grow. For You and Akeno, try learning physical combat. No sane or arrogant enemy will just stand there for your attacks to hit them even if Kiba and Koneko are meant for that. A smarter enemy will just SEPARATE you all. For Kiba, train his actual physical strength, his swordplay. His swordplay needs more than just slashes, he needs counters, dodges, flurries, when to dodge, and how his blades match against other weapons. Boosting his physical strength will help as if he faces a stronger opponent they will break his arm with his swords if they are bigger than him and wield a two-handed greatsword. Koneko I would save for last as I can help but it would be better to wait as I need to ask permission to help her before I can do so.'' I told her as she nodded and smiled as she left.

After Rias left, the student council president came over to see me in my private lonely corner of the canteen after I finished talking with Rias. To my surprise, she wasn't angry but was actually thanking me.

''I'd like to thank you for what you did. Even if you refused her, you pointed out where to make her improve along with her peerage. You didn't insult her as you stated facts and I'd like to ask. Did you do this from the good of your heart or is there another motive?'' Sona asked me as I answered her by shrugging my shoulders.

''Both. My employers and I came from a world beyond what you call the dimensional gap. We escaped a massive scumbag who wanted to turn the world into a ''Cuntry'' and yes he said it like a slur. I have a feeling he will come here but I have evidence of such it would be better if she didn't fall to him. Her ex-groom would look like a saint compared so my reasons are twofold but out of selflessness.'' I said as she adjusted her glasses before nodding and leaving.

School ended and as I arrived back home, Olga and Chloe were talking with the Princess Knights?! I was about to ask what happened but Her Majesty beat me to the punch and told me everything.

''Sit, Naoto, we have much to talk about. We suspect that Volt and his men will arrive soon and as such, we decided to unite and stop our past war.'' Olga said as it seemed things were starting to get intense.