CHAPTER 2

MAEVE was cleaning her weapons when the door of her opened and the uninvited person steps in.

"Are you not going to hunt werewolves today?" tanong ni Janice. She crossed arms while her brow raise.

Maeve just sighed. "I don't have time with your nonsense, Janice."

Ngumisi si Janice. "I thought you are going to compete with me against the position of Uncle Rodolfo?"

"I am." Walang emosyon na saad ni Maeve. "But I have my ways to beat you."

"Killing werewolves is the only way to beat me, Maeve. I heard Uncle Rodolfo will give you the position if you killed an Alpha." Halata sa boses ni Janice na hindi ito naniniwala na kaya niyang pumatay ng isang Alpha.

Among all werewolves, Alpha is the strongest among them all. And it's difficult to kill one. If you want to kill an Alpha, you need to gamble your life with it. But there is one reason why Maeve wanted to get the Leader's position, she wanted to become powerful. Iyong magagawa niya ang mga gusto niya. She wanted power and connection.

Janice is the niece of their Leader. She's also a hunter like her but she's not lethal as the Leader. Maeve was more lethal because if she kills, there was no mercy. And she's more skilful than Janice. Janice was trying to surpass Maeve but no to avail.

Everyone was looking forward to Maeve that she will inherit the position of being the Leader of the Organization.

"At least I can kill ten in one second. You? You can't even kill five in one second, Janice. Instead of doubting my capabilities, you should doubt yourself first. If you really wanted to become the Leader someday, you need to give your best." Malamig na saad ni Maeve saka tinapos ang paglilinis ng kaniyang pana.

Kumuyom ang kamao ni Janice saka naiinis na umalis sa kwarto ni Maeve. Even before, Maeve had really no emotion in her. She's always emotionless. And sometimes, she will only talk when being asked.

"Argh! So annoying!" Inis na saad ni Janice.

Napailing na lang si Maeve saka kinuha ang mga sandata. It's already six in the evening, she needed to work. Kinuha niya ang maskara at isinuot ito. She went out of their Headquarters and directly went to the woods.

Dumidilim na ang paligid pero malinaw niya pa ring nakikita ang paligid niya. Since they injected that drug to her, she nourished that drug inside her body and trained for many years. All of her senses heightened. Her senses were the same as werewolves.

Biglang napatingin si Maeve sa isang direksiyon nang marinig niya ang mga yabag na tumatakbo papunta sa direksiyon niya. Naririnig niyang marami ang mga ito kaya naman umakyat siya sa isang puno at tumuntong sa sanga nito.

From a far, she saw a middle-age woman running away from those werewolves. But the woman's speed is the same as werewolves so she might be a werewolves too. Maeve sniffed the air and her thoughts were confirmed. It's just that the woman who are running away belonged to a pack because of her scent and those werewolves who are running after her are Rogues. Naaamoy niya ang mga hindi kaaya-ayang amoy mula sa mga ito.

Maeve observed the woman, she already looked tired. She has also blood covering her clothes.

Napabuntong hininga si Maeve. There's all werewolves but why are they hurting each other. They should help each other. Napailing na lang siya saka tumalon pababa sa lupa. Hinintay niyang makalapit ang mga ito sa kinaroroonan niya. But then she changed her mind. She doesn't want to become bloody if she fight those Rogues with fist. So, she quickly went back to the branch of the three.

She took one arrow and aimed at the Rogues. One of the Rogues suddenly attacked the woman and tackled her on the ground. Mabilis na pinakawalan ni Maeve ang palaso patungo sa Rogue na umatake sa babae. Tinamaan ito sa puso at agad na natumba.