Sweet Torment

A/N: HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLY SHIT, I'M BACK!!!

I know I kinda...dropped this fic for a long while, but that shit's over. XD I met someone very important in recent times, an incredible woman that made me want to write this again. A fan of my work, a fan of A Game or Real Life. Meeting her was the most surreal experience ever. It made me feel like my old self again, typing away with a giddy feeling as I wrote my first book. ^^ It was so refreshing, and I'm happy to say it gave me what I needed to come back!

Anyhoo, hope you guys like this one! Been cooking in the oven for a looong time, this one XD

*-*-*-*-*-*

"Trust me", she said. "Everything will make sense soon", she said. But did she know of the hurricane-like turmoil she just settled upon us all? Upon me?

Rarely in my previous life as Maria had I ever seen Altaïr so furious. He kept pacing around the living room, hands in his pockets as he looked about. That spy was still there. Still in her spot by the doorframe, watching the Assassin as he paced about. Only once did she break her gaze, and that was when she saw Michael stand up from his desk and made his way to her, flash drive in hand.

"T-This..." he began as he looked down at the small object, shaking his head. "....this is wrong."

"Wrong, you say?" she repeated back, almost amusedly.

"We shouldn't give this to you. They're not gonna believe us." He said softly, shaking his head. "We might need more."

"Besides, why are you helping us?" Ezio butted in, confused.

"...I got my own reasons." Her tone was surprisingly soft, and damn it, I would've lied if I said I hadn't noticed her gaze directed towards me for a split second. I was quick to avert my gaze, however, frowning in confusion. "...anyways, I should be off. The big boss won't be off my back unless I give him this." She looked at Michael once more. "Are all the files saved?"

"Every single one of them." He nodded. "But like I said, we might need more proof."

"I'll be back to Monteriggioni when I can." She shrugged. "In the meantime, do ask to be deployed there. God knows they'll need someone they can trust. And you seem like a good kid. Michael, was it...?"

"....very well, I'll call right away." He ended up relenting, much to my surprise. But in the end, I was glad. Shaun would be more than glad to see his old friend again. That much, I knew. "Look, I don't know why on earth you're risking your own neck for us, but...thank you. I mean, this...this revelation changes everything."

"...I'm just glad I could help." How could I miss that second, even shorter glance sent my way? I lowered my gaze in reply, frowning more in confusion. Who was I to this woman...? Why did I seem to matter to her...? "Take care, all of you. I fear the worst is yet to come."

"...be careful. You're treading on thin ice." Ezio's voice rang out softly throughout the living room. "We'll be waiting for news in Monteriggioni."

"I'll see you then." She nodded, and just as swiftly as she appeared, she disappeared, leaving us in a silence so thick I felt like it could choke us. But it didn't last long.