16. In the Midst

- Chiara Romero - 

- Chiara Romero - 

It was so nice, sitting here, on my big brothers lap, swinging my legs back and forth as he cut up my pancakes before I could eat them. Every so often, he would hand feed them to me when he saw that I had stopped eating. I was getting full. 

Al, Enzo and Leo had not come with us for some reason, which made me a little sad that they were missing out on this very good breakfast, I think it was called. I don't recall having much of it from where I came from. 

So, as Ange was about to give me another spoonful of the food, I put my hand up and shook my head, hoping that he would get the picture. In short, he didn't. 

"Come on, Chi, you haven't eaten much" he continued to push it towards me, but I just turned my face the other way, as he tried to feed me that way. I was starting to get grumpy, now that he wasn't listening to me and what I wanted to do, which was to be done with my food. I was so full already.

I couldn't tell whether I was lucky or not to be sitting on Ange's lap with Rocco on the side closest to get out of the booth, but it was working, as I quickly shoved my face in the side of Rocco's arm, before trying to move across to him, as I tried to get away from Ange, who was trying to shove more food down my throat when I was already full. 

"No more" I whispered, shaking my head, as I felt Rocco finally get the idea that I wanted to be away from Ange and in his arms. I snuggled my face into his chest, as he said nothing about 'not eating much' like Ange had pointed out. I thought I had eaten enough, as my stomach couldn't handle anything else. 

I sat there, my face in Rocco's chest, as I could hear everyone finishing up their meals in silence. We had been in silence for most of this meal, which was odd. Luca usually had something to say about something or someone, while Ange was usually quiet or picking on Lulu. Gio was always the middle of the two, calming them down, while Rocco usually talked about some sport with the boys to get them back on topic, wherever he had lost them. 

But none of that was happening right now. It was too quiet. "Ready?" Rocco questioned, as he stood up, with me in his arms. They had paid for the food, or so I thought they had, so as everyone either nodded or murmured a response under their breath, we were out of there. 

Right as we were about to walk out of the place, Rocco halted for a small second, as he pulled my jacket closer, while pulling my beanie down over my ears. I giggled at the weird feeling over my ears, as I looked up to Rocco, seeing him smiling slightly, down at me. 

Rocco walked to the car, with the others following, as he slipped me into my car seat, which I didn't like one bit. I held onto Rocco as tight as I could, but he was still stronger, and pulled me off of him with ease, and strapped me in. I pouted in defeat, as I crossed my arms. 

He just chuckled, as he closed the door, while Lulu and Gio slid in on my other side, but I kept my lips in a pout, my bottom lip sticking out. I knew that whenever I stuck it out and gave puppy eyes, they would always fall for it. But, as I saw Rocco look back at me, he just shook his head, letting me know that for once, my puppy eyes were not going to work. Damn it!