17. Unknown

- Leonardo Romero - 

- Leonardo Romero - 

"You cannot fuck this up. I'm begging you and you know I don't beg" I said to the two men that had rocked up with my younger brother. I was so unsure what had run through my head by trusting these two once again, after what had happened last time, but they were my last resort. They would get me there, and that was all I needed from them. 

Marco and Franco were two brothers, that I had met through them being friends with Ales. I had never been told the full story on how they had met, as the two were older than me, which had worried me at the time. They had agreed when I had asked for help on many occasions, as they had also been tied in with the same work that I did. 

So, I had called them to help us to move to Montreal. I had asked them to find Enzo, and they did. And now, they were going to help us move everything we had known out of New York. We had agreed to meet in Boston, to take a rest, but by the looks of it, I wasn't going to be getting any of my siblings out of these cars as they were beyond passed out. 

Maybe Boston was far enough away from my parents, as we had driven for almost 4 hours now, but I knew that they would still find a way to get to us, as they knew people. Growing up, they had always known people. I don't really remember the first three years of my life, as we were constantly on the move, before it all started in New York. 

"Leo, for once, we are beyond the dangerous side of shit. We lost a brother, and we won't do it again. He's your brother, and we will protect him. We will get him there and the rest of you there, no matter what" those words meant the world to me. "Thankyou, Marco" I then pulled him into a hug, before we were going to try and make it another hour before dark. 

I turned back to Rocco, as he nodded his head to the two of them. I knew he would understand that I am trying my best to get them away from everything that had happened in New York. The amount of money that I would throw away just to get them all into safety would never be enough. Nothing I could do would ever be enough, but I was trying. 

I climbed into my car, as I watched Rocco do the same, while Marco and Franco sorted themselves out. They took off first, as I signaled for Rocco to follow after, as I pulled out, hot on his tail. 

I had left some things back at the apartment, which Nic was nice enough to organize a moving truck for us, while I had packed what I could into suitcases for everyone, filling the back of my car. The saddest thing was that Luca, Gio and Angelo's stuff had all basically fitted into a suitcase, only a few of their winter clothes, shoes and furniture was left behind, and it hurt knowing that it had come to this. 

What was even worse was that Chiara's stuff all fitted into a suitcase, and even more stuff. I fitted some of the boys stuff in her bag, as her stuff was only 3/4 full. It broke my heart, knowing that I had been so caught up in everything else, not once worrying about her having enough, like I had for the boys.