Oblivious (2)

Derek waited a little bit, hoping Stiles was calmed down by the time he checked on him.

"Stiles.." Derek said as he knocked on the door.

"Go away."

He sighed heavily. "Stiles, please let me explain."

"No. It doesn't matter. Just go away."

Derek gripped the handle as his last bit of patience expired. He twisted the knob and pushed the door open.

Stiles turned around quickly as the lock connected with the wall, ricocheting a bang.

"What the fuck!" Stiles blurted.

"Don't what the fuck me. What the fuck you!?"

Stiles watched as Derek came in and stared panting. His face contored between all kinds of emotions. Mainly confusion.

"I've had enough of you right now," Derek started. "You won't let me explain myself, you over dramatize stuff, and you're throwing fits over fake shit!"

"Derek-"

"Not done - You say that I don't know what it's like to watch the person I love, love someone else. But I do!"

Derek stopped pacing. He looked straight at Stiles, taking a big inhale.

"I spent years watching you swoon over and crawl to Lydia. I spent months being envious and jealous. But I eventually moved on, somehow and somewhat. And I'm the selfish one!?"

Stiles stared at him, completely dumbfounded. He didn't know what to say. Because, as Derek put the situation like how he did, it was clear he had done nothing wrong. Stiles was over dramatizing the situation and wasn't being fair.

"You're right," he sighed. "You're absolutely right, Derek."

Stiles got up from his chair.

"But that doesn't mean it didn't hurt. That doesn't mean I don't regret it."

"I never said it did."

"You didn't. But you're also brushing it off."

"So what do you want me to do!!?" Derek snapped.

"Love me.. Choose me, Derek.." Stiles admitted.

He didn't care if it was selfish. He didn't care if he would be rejected or hated. He just didn't want to lose the, possibly, only chance to get to love the man he wants.

Derek sighed sharply, almost as if it were a scoff. "How could I not, Stiles? It's always been you. I've always done it for you."

Stiles smiled shortly.

Him and Derek met in the middle of their distance, holding eye contact. For there was nothing much to say. They practically said it all.