07

August 25th, 2022Chicago, Illinois 3:30pm

August 25th, 2022
Chicago, Illinois
3:30pm

Justice decided to go for a stroll through the bustling streets of Chicago as a way to clear her head.

The sun was shining down brightly on a beautiful day with the temperature surpassing 80 degrees. She had grown exceedingly weary of confining herself within the limits of Parkway Gardens.

Following the occurrence involving Dayvon, her brother had become increasingly distant and rarely spent time at home.Though his lack of communication didn't affect her it was still noticeable.

She let out a deep sigh to herself while taking notice of the many cars driving back and forth on the busy streets. Her eyes landed on a street sign causing her to raise her brows in confusion.

Tookaville? Dayvon must buy his weed from over here She thought to herself

She couldn't help but chuckle a little as she reflected back on all the occasions when he claimed to be smoking Tooka.

As it was finally beginning to dawn on her what he really meant, they must've had a dispensary over here.

She was very aware while she was outside. Making a conscious effort to constantly survey her surroundings and take in everything that was happening around her.

While continuing to walk she observed a group of males standing on the corner which resulted in her rolling her eyes internally.

As she pondered the thought of moving across the street her gaze had already met with the group.

"Aye ma" one of them called out to her

Justice continued to stroll nonchalantly as though she was oblivious to their presence. Which annoyed one of them so much that he sucked his teeth loudly.

With a light jog he moved in the direction of her and reached out his hand to take hold of her arm.

"You'n hea me calling you?" He frowned his face

"No I wasn't really paying attention" she lied

He looked at her with a blank expression on his face indicating that he was aware that she was lying.

"You from round hea?" He asked his eyes now scanning her body

Justice's discomfort grew as she sensed the intensity of his stare.