Chapter 1

3rd Person POV:

Brimsley hurried out to the palace stables. The Queen had ordered him to get the carriage ready to go to Kew, where King George was. He could tell she was fuming with rage, so he actually ran. No need to get on the Queen's bad side anymore than I already might be, he thought to himself. Soon enough, he was helping the Queen into the carriage, and they were off.

Brimsley sat across from Charlotte, cautious of her rage. She glanced at him, eyes burning with determination. She then noticed how uncomfortable he was, and proceeded to try and make small talk. "Have you ever thought of marrying, Brimsley?" she asked.

Brimsley shifted anxiously. "No, Your Majesty. Who would want me?" he replied. She looked unconvinced. I hope she can't read me like a book, he thought to himself.

"Well, you are still very young, and I expected that the women around here would be drooling over you." Brimsley did his best not to show how much he wanted to laugh at the Queen's remark. He was sure that if Reynolds heard her, it would take a lot to keep him from doing something stupid. Brimsley could even picture it in his head, which didn't help the "no-laughing" part of his job. His partner was quick to get overprotective when someone started flirting with him.

"No, Your Majesty. My purpose is to serve the crown and nothing else," he stated. Charlotte's expression faltered. She looked... sad? Pitiful? Whatever it was, it made Brimsley quite uneasy.

"Brimsley... will you not take a wife at all?" she inquired, trying to figure him out. He shook his head.

"I have no need to do so, Your Majesty." His voice threatened to quiver, and her brows furrowed.

Suddenly, she got an idea. "Not even a husband?" she inquired, a smirk tugging at the corners of her mouth. Brimsley was stunned. When he thought she could read him like a book, he wasn't joking. She really could, and he hadn't prepared for the blow.

"Your Majesty, that- that's illegal!" he stammered, wincing when his voice cracked at the end.

"So?" she started. "Who says I cannot change the law?" She was backing him into a corner, the worst part being that Brimsley had let this happen. Now, he was desperately looking for a way to divert the conversation to something else.

"Your Majesty," he said, "a family is a distraction for someone like me."

She turned her head in thought. "Well, I suppose you are right."

Before she could ask anymore questions, they arrived at Kew. She completely forgot Brimsley and hopped out of the carriage. As she rushed towards the mansion, he could hear her demanding to see her husband. Brimsley began to follow her, but she turned around and ordered him to stay put. He obeyed, taking a stand next to his secret lover, Reynolds.

"Hello, Brimsley," Reynolds greeted.

"Hello, Reynolds," he replied. It was hard to stay still and not look excited to see him.

Reynolds saw this and suggested, "Let us go inside and get you warmed up—it is a cold night, after all."

Brimsley nodded. "Thank you, sir. That is very kind and generous of you to offer."

They entered Reynolds' room, and the latter closed the door. "I've always been jealous of you having better living quarters than me," Brimsley muttered. He could feel his partner's eyes scouring over his body, memorizing every inch of his slender figure.

"Well, it is to be expected. I am more important than you," Reynolds acknowledged smugly.

Brimsley turned to the blond, a playful smirk on his face. Before he could say anything, he was pulled into a hungry kiss from Reynolds. He immediately melted into it, their tongues exploring each other's mouths. Hushed moans and stifled cries could be heard faintly from outside the room later on.

Unfortunately, their shenanigans didn't last long. Twenty minutes later, they were rushing to the carriage. As Brimsley helped Charlotte into it, he looked at his partner with yearning. Reynolds only glanced back, staying professional.

Once they returned to the castle, the Queen was escorted to her room. Brimsley plopped onto his bed and sighed. He lay facing the ceiling, thinking about Reynolds. He moved to get up and reach for paper to write with, when he hissed in pain. He gingerly went over to his mirror, took off his shirt, and blushed furiously at the sight.

His chest was covered in bruises and bites. Circles of purple on his hips, a dark bite on his shoulder; his wrists red from being held down. He shuddered at the realization that he had been claimed by Reynolds. Finally, it made sense what Reynolds had said during their intimacy. You're mine, Brimsley, mine and mine only. Nobody can have you but me. Understand, love? He pulled his shirt back on and returned to his bed, dreaming of Reynolds for the rest of the night.

☆☆☆☆

In the morning, Brimsley woke up and took a quick bath before heading to the Queen's room. Surprisingly, Reynolds was there.

"Reynolds, what are you doing here?" he questioned, his brows furrowing.

"Good morning to you, too, Brimsley," Reynolds muttered sarcastically. "The King is in there. He is going to live with the Queen from now on."

"So, you are going to live with us... here?" Brimsley said in a hopeful voice.

Reynolds looked around to see if anyone was watching them. When he concluded that there wasn't, he pulled the brunet into a passionate kiss. "Oh, damn it all, where's your room?" he huffed.

Brimsley led him to his quarters. He had barely entered before Reynolds had him pinned to the wall after locking the door.

He observed Brimsley underneath him, gazing into his eyes with hunger. He put one arm around his waist, pulling him close, and Brimsley let out a gasp. "My, my, someone's needy," Reynolds growled into his ear.

Brimsley whimpered and bucked his hips forward. "Please," he gasped out.

Reynolds smirked and grinded his knee against the brunet's bulge. The latter moaned as he continued to tease him. "'Please' what, darling? Use your words."

"I need you to fuck me, Reynolds."

Reynolds turned him around and shoved him onto the bed. He climbed onto him and bit into his neck and shoulders, earning moans and whimpers from the bottom. As he settled between his legs, a knock came from the door. He jumped off the bed and slid under it as Brimsley called out, "Yes?"

"The Queen requests for you to be outside her door for her marital acts," a voice stated. "She would also like you to find Reynolds and tell him the same thing."

Footsteps signaled the voice's departure. Reynolds crawled out from under the bed, and sighed in relief. Brimsley giggled.

"What? What is it? Is it my hair?" Reynolds fumbled.

"No, it's just... you're so cute when you get flustered," he admitted.

Instead of laughing or smiling about it, the happiness in Reynolds' eyes disappeared. He got up, checked that his clothing was undisturbed, and left the room.

Brimsley watched in confusion. Did he say something wrong? Do something wrong? He'd have to ask him later. As he rushed down the halls, there was only one thought on his mind: What happened to Reynolds?

Well my fingers hurt now.

Hey peeps! Finally finished Chapter 1 without needing any help! I finally got Desyner to work and made a cover for this book. Sorry I had to cockblock Reynolds twice, I CAN'T just give you the smut right off the bat. You're gonna have to wait for it. Aside from that, I think it turned out pretty nice after thing together some stuff. If you havent figured it out yet, this is a fanfic for Queen Charlotte: A Bridgerton Story on Netflix.

For now, goodbye and see you in Chapter 2,

Big Thanks to @kyeisdelulu for editing!

Zee out

1590 words