Chapter 5

Sorry for making you all wait. School is just 😭. I hope you enjoy chapter 5:

Brimsley collapsed onto Reynolds's bed. He let out a sigh of frustration. Reynolds, who was standing in the corner of the room, noticed this and made his way over to his bed. He sat down next to Brimsley and patted his leg "Tough, eh? I'm sorry. I didn't think she would ask so many questions about you". Brimsley looked up at him. "You know, you could have told me she was coming" he said, clearly not amused. Reynolds sighed. 

"I know, love. I didn't know she was coming at all. I thought she never even got my letter".  Brimsley narrowed his eyes. An uncomfortable silence fell over both of them.

 "So...I'm not gonna get punished for this, right?" he asked Brimsley. Brimsley laughed, so Reynolds relaxed his shoulders. 'Phew' he thought, 'that was close'. "Are you kidding?" Brimsley said, furrowing his eyebrows. Reynolds blinked at him. He couldn't tell if Brimsley was joking with him or if he was being completely serious. "I think your punishment will be..." Brimsley pretended to be deep in thought. 

Reynolds jumped on top of him and started to tickle him. Brimsley started laughing uncontrollably. "HAHAHA- No! Stop! You'll get a worse-" Brimsley couldn't finish his sentence. After a few minutes Brimsley surrendered, so Reynolds got off of him and stared at Brimsley, awaiting what he was gonna say next. "You still have a punishment, you doof" Brimsley wiped his tears off his face, smiling at Reynolds. Reynolds scoffed. He knew that Brimsley's punishments were never harsh. He probably would give him one day of silence or a day sleeping on his chair.

 Brimsley's face suddenly changed to one that is mischevious. He looked at Reynolds, straightened himself, and spoke challengingly: "Francis Reynolds, I sentence thee to a month of no...consumation" he added the last part in, just to be fancy. Reynolds's face ran cold. Stunned was an understatement. He couldn't believe it. They always had done it once a week or once every 11 days. There was even one time they didn't do it for 3 weeks, and even that was disastrous. They needed each other, and Brimsley to doom him to such extremes to prove a point was certainly taking it too far. "My love...certainly you are joking?" Reynolds's voice failed him. Brimsley's face revealed it all. He too, was regretting his words. But, knowing him, he would go to extremes to go through with it. 'Wrong kind of perseverance' Reynolds thought. Brimsley got up and dusted himself off. 

"Well, I'll be off, dear. I'll see you in a bit" Brimsley walked towards the door, opened it, and left. Reynolds sat there, too stunned to move at all. He had a gut feeling that this wasn't going to end very well for the both of them.

...

Reynolds was giving instructions to the cleaning maids when Reginald, the chief butler, came up to him and tapped him on the shoulder. Reynolds turned around and stared at the short and stubby man. "Excuse me, Mr.Reynolds, but I have something to talk to you in private" Reginald said in a hushed tone. So both of them moved to the corner behind the pots to discuss. "So...I wanted to ask if you and Brimsley could...be a little quieter when you're doing your er...nightly activities" he seemed flustered at the thought of asking such a thing. Reynolds blushed madly. "Oh God, we...I...not...I'm so sorry" Reynolds stuttered. He didn't think that Reginald could hear them, especially if he resided at the end of the hallway. Reynolds apologized profusely for the next 7 minutes, and every time Reginald responded with it being fine, but he didn't the others to find out. 

Reynolds stared at Reginald, confused. "Wait, are you..." he gestured his hand around to hint at what he was trying to say. Reginald caught on. "No, I'm not. I have a particular fancy for one the maids here, but I don't think she'll ever notice me" he admitted honestly. "Go for it. I promise you it's worth it. Do you even know how me and Brimsley met?" Reynolds asked. "A brothel?" Reginald guessed. Reynolds let out a small chuckle. "Heaven's, no. We met at the castle, here. And I don't regret the flirting" he told Reginald. He seemed to have a think about it. 

Finally, he agreed to try. They exchanged thank you's and left to their jobs. 'I can't believe I'm saying this' Reynolds thought, 'Reginald isn't that bad of a person'. For a moment, he forgot his situation with Brimsley. He walked with a smile on his face because he knew he just made a lifelong friend.

HELLO AGAIN!

Sorry I've been so late with the updates. I'll try to upload more in the future and feel free to remind me if I seem to skip an update. I hope you enjoyed this non-cliffhanger ending along witha happy chapter. I know it was short, and I'll make it longer in the future.

Bye lovelies!

Zee out!