Chapter 2

I woke up and LITERALLY had a heart attack! 90 READS ALREADY???? Thank you guys so, so much! I'm really so happy and thankful. I really do enjoy reading all your comments :)

Now, please enjoy Chapter 2,

3rd Person POV:

Moans came from the Queen and Kings room. Panting and clattering was all that could be heard throughout the hallways of the palace. Reynolds and Brimsley uncomfortably stood five paces in front of their door, witnessing it all. It wasn't like they could move from there at all. It was their job, and they now regretted it as they stood there. The awkward silence between the two was starting to pile up so much that Reynolds was the one to break the silence.

"Well this isn't how I planned out our evening tonight" he stated. Brimsley turned to look at him with a small forced smile. "How did you plan it out in your head?" he asked, not sounding friendly in the least. Reynolds messed with his collar a bit, watching Brimsley's eyes wander down to what he was doing. "Well, I thought that we could go get lunch at your favorite café," Reynolds started and smiled when he saw his eyes light up with interest, " then go to that one trinket shop I've seen you eyeing, and finish it all off with anything you'd like". Brimsley looked like he was about to burst from excitement. "What?!" Brimsley basically screamed. Reynolds covered his mouth and held in a laugh of his own. "Yes, now shush or we might not live to see that day" Reynolds said as he removed his hand from covering Brimsley's mouth. Brimsley, however, did not like that and simply put his hand on his cheek. Reynolds was, in simpler terms, quite impressed by the bottom's bravery in doing such a thing. "Love," Reynolds's voice was low, " what do you think you're doing exactly?". This was Brimsley's chance, so he took all the courage he had left inside of him ( which, mind you, is still very small) and asked, " Why did your emotion change when I gave you that complement?".

Reynolds now forcefully retracted his hand form the bottom's cheek. "It's nothing" he muttered. Brimsley huffed, "Now I know that's simply not true," he said, reaching for the blond's hand, "why wont you tell me the truth?". Reynolds shook his head, "Not now, Love. Later, though" he answered, clearly showing that he wanted to go no further. Brimsley wanted to go further, though. He wanted to squeeze out all the secrets his partner was withholding from him. He wanted no more secrets between them and to share all things with each other, but he convinced himself that it was a fool's dream and that he should let it go. Reynolds, on the other hand, couldn't say for the life of him. How was he supposed to tell his lover that he could not handle complements? He deeply wanted to just spill every secret and wrong thing he'd done to Brimsley. When he was around him, he felt warm and cared for...safe. That was something he hadn't felt for the longest of times. But now he had the love of his life heartbroken at the level of space he put between them. He only caressed Brimsley's hand and prayed that one day he would understand.

...

"A ball? Hosted here?" Reynolds stared at all the lists and decorations needed to be put up. "Yes, the King's orders himself" Brimsley said as he zipped past him with a armful of scrolls. Reynolds followed him, "What? That's impossible! The King has never done so" . Brimsley stopped to look at the blond, "You know what they say, this stuff happens once in a blue moon, so it has to be perfect. Start working". He turned around and plunged into a sea of moving servants. Reynolds rolled his eyes and walked back to his own set of scrolls.

"The sculptures are wrong," he pointed out to Brimsley. He still had one more scroll to do while Brimsley had already finished all of his. "No, the Queen ordered them like that" Brimsley corrected for the 45th time. He was everything but happy at that moment. "The color of the flowers is wro-" before he could finish, Brimsley snapped (that dic- I'm sorry I had to make one dick joke). "I'm walking away!" he yelled as he turned to go inside. Reynolds couldn't help but laugh. "You can't escape my judgement! We share a room!" he yelled after Brimsley. He responded by shouting in (sexual) frustration.