If I Stay

Wanda showed you the way to your room, talking the entire way about the layout of the compound, how big everyone's room was, . When she opened the door to what would be your room, your brain stopped trying to keep up with what she was saying and just completely short circuited.

You stepped forward slowly, taking it all in. It was minimalistic, but huge, with a bed, drawers, built-in wardrobes opposite, a desk, a mini kitchenette in the corner and an open door that led to the ensuite. The floor was hardwood, but it still felt warm and welcoming, the walls a light shade of grey, the furniture all different tones of wood, dark grey and blacks. It looked like it was straight out of a catalogue. It looked expensive.

It felt overwhelming.

You hadn't realised that you were standing still until Wanda touched your arm and brought you back to reality.

"I know it looks a bit bland now, but you can start making it your own. We weren't sure what colours or themes you liked, you know? Didn't want to make it green if you hate green or anything." She added with a laugh.

"Green's okay." You said, sniffing a little as you felt a slight prickle of tears in your eyes.

"I'll leave you to get settled. We all try to have dinner together in the evenings, but if it's too much for your first day, we can bring you a plate?"

"I..." You breathed. "Can I let you know?"

"Of course." She said, nodding. "It took Bucky a while before he came to eat with us too. If you need anything, we have FRIDAY."

"FRIDAY?" You asked, confused. Wanda just smiled.

"FRIDAY, can you let her know when her tech is ready please?"

"Of course Ms Maximoff." You jumped and looked around as the voice echoed through the room. Wanda giggled. "It should be ready in a couple of hours."

"The fuck was that?" You muttered.

"That's FRIDAY. She helps run the house." Wanda explained sweetly.

"Like a maid?"

"More like a computer assistant." You nodded at her answer. "I'll come and check on you later for dinner?"

You nodded again, and then she left the room, leaving you with your thoughts in your new environment.

A couple hours after your arrival, the computer lady announced your tech was ready, but you didn't go down to get it immediately. It then appeared in front of your door, along with a plate of food, both of which you assumed was courtesy of Wanda.

You spent the time exploring the tech that had been delivered, which included a phone, a laptop, a scanner similar to the ones you tried to steal the first time, a credit card, and what looked like an iPad tablet. They all seemed to be set up already, having access to installed programs but not individual subsystems or files. The phone had a list of numbers already saved in the contacts - namely the other team members.

Once you had taken a few days to research The Avengers online a bit more, and explore the tech as much as you could, limited by how much you could access without a login or password, you set about exploring your room. You didn't want to unpack just yet, in case you changed your mind. You were still learning information about these people, and still yet to make sure that you had made the right choice in agreeing to come here. There seemed to be an insane amount of storage in the room, and you wondered how anyone would have enough stuff to fill all of these up. There were three framed paintings in the room, one on each wall, with the fourth wall taken up entirely by windows. The paintings were simple landscapes and still life portraits, but for some reason you didn't like them. While you hadn't exactly stayed anywhere long enough to find out what your taste in decor was like, you knew that these paintings weren't it. When you took the third one down, the one of an apple and some grapes that was hanging above your bed, it revealed a vent frame on the wall.