But it didn't really last long...

[TW: Mentions of SA (NO DETAIL I SWEAR), self hatred thoughts 👍👍]

Richie Tozier is a fool.

Banging his head against the floor, Richie grabbed a photo of him and Eddie when they were younger, from 1981. Disappointedly, he put down the photo. He hoped it would make him feel better, but it did the opposite. All he could think of was how Eddie would never love him the same way he did him. At least tomorrow was Saturday. No school, no work, just the weekend. Just relaxing. Standing up, he glanced into the mirror. Pure disgust surged through his veins as he looked at the mess in front of him. His messed up hair, and ripped clothes gave him flashbacks. Flashbacks he didn't want...

March 12, 1990... It happened in the unisex bathrooms, he went in there alone to smoke out the window. Pulling out a cigarette, he heard a voice sound behind him.

"Hey Tozier, whatcha doing in here. Alone. During the 5th period." The voice was snake-like, but recognisable. Shoving his 'cancer stick' as Eddie called them, back into his pocket, he turned around to see the tall figure, and a face he knew too well. Patrick Hockstetter. Patrick pinned him against a wall, pushing his own body against Richie, forcing him to do unspeakable things. Those things never left the unisex bathrooms.

Remembering this event struck a tear down his face, it dripped down onto the carpet, making a small dark spot. After that day, no matter how many showers he took, he never felt clean anymore. He didn't tell anyone because he didn't want them to treat him like some lost cause or something, he wanted everything to be normal, or as close to 'normal' as it could be. Pathetic, he only did it because he wanted power over you. No one will ever like you. Wiping away his tears, trying to ignore his own thoughts, he made his way downstairs, grabbing a pack of watermelon flavored 5 Gum on his way out. He didn't actually know where he was going, but he just wanted to leave home for a bit.

Wind whistled around the Derry public park as Rich made his way to a lonely park bench. Everything was so quiet, so peaceful. It was nice. A touch of rain sprinkled down over Derry, but he still sat, taking in all of it. Standing up, he put his arms above his head and let his neck fall back, spinning around in the cool night air. All of his troubles seemed to whisper away in the wind swept rain, and pure joy pulsed in his veins. Glasses now speckled with drops of rain, he brought down his arms and rested his head back up, a broad smile plastered on his face. He just felt so... happy.

Am I... getting better?

[A/N: Its really short, if you didn't already catch on, read the last line, then the chapter title lol]