WitherCreek

Name: Withercreek very interesting name! Dont see alot of 'wither' used as a prefix!

Clan: RippleClan, a Clan that lives beside a vast lake, in dens made of Driftwood. They can dive exceptionally well and are
known for their grace and love of beauty. Nice!

Gender: Male cool.

Sexuality: Straight n o i c e

Appearance: Withercreek is a skinny, small, jet-black tom with large, batlike ears, one white paw, pale dapples on his flanks and very short fur. Before he died, his eyes were an eerie icy blue, and his tail was long and slim, tipped with a longer blaze of fur, like that of a lion. He has a large, jagged scar on his throat, stretching up to his chin and down onto his chest, and after he died he gained a special marking under his eyes, white tear drips. His mouth is sewed with ragged stitches, showing how he could not speak his truth in his trial, (Explained in the backstory) and his eyes are sewed open, showing how he can never rest or sleep from the guilt of what he did. Good description! But tbh, the sewed parts gave me the creeps lol.

Personality: Before he died: Bold, smart and a hopeless romantic. He fell in love quickly and was quite jealous. He was a great swimmer and a tactical fighter but didn't like hunting much. He has a soft spot for kits and loves his mate dearly. But he was also very unlucky, being the one to catch the smallest piece of prey or fall into the mud.
After he died: Bleak, sad and very, very lonely. He flits through shadow and light, slipping through the darkness like a bat. He rarely speaks, but when he does, his voice echoes with unimaginable sorrow, and his tone is mumbled and slow. He is an underdog and usually doesn't risk a fight. He enjoys the company of very few. Quite sad tbh.

Dislikes: Hunting land prey, cats yelling at him, extreme cold, snakes. Good things to dislike.
Likes: His family and mate, diving and swimming, lounging in the sun, challenges and games. Good things to like.

Hunting: 4/10
Climbing: 3/10
Swimming: 8/10
Loyalty: 7.5/10
Respectfulness: 7/10

Pretty Balanced.

Reputation: Near the start of his life it was around an 8/10, but near the end and through the afterlife, it's more like a 3/10. Hmmm, I wonder why it was a 3/10 in afterlife, is it how he acted?

Backstory: Witherkit was born to his mother Poppypool, and father Turtlesplash in the middle of Greenleaf. Both of his parents were very loving and devoted, having only one kit to love. The nursery was bustling, and Witherkit tried to make friends, but all of the kits were older and less interested in him. Witherkit had a huge crush on another kit, Orchidkit, but waited till he was a warrior to tell her. I believe not many cats only have one kit in a litter, unless the other ones died. But otherwise, pretty normal.

He was apprenticed slightly late, due to a sickness that struck him down for a while, but bounced back into training well. He was an incredible diver, and could get the bottom-feeder fish from nearly the bottom of the lake, and his forepaws and legs were sleek and strong. But he proved to become very unlucky. Falling into mud, catching sicknesses, bringing back small and pitiful prey. He was loved though, and he just became known as a clumsy cat. Alright, makes sense.

He then confessed to Orchidshine, and they became mates, loving each other dearly. But one day, he was assigned on a patrol with only two other warriors. A badger met them, and badly injured both other warriors, but left Withercreek mostly unscathed. Rumors floated fast, and some cats began to suspect he had fled, leaving them to die. But Withercreek had tried his hardest, only having been knocked into the water and been too slow. At this point, his mother died in a freak accident, involving a waterfall. Heartbroken, his luck got worse, and worse. Almost any cat he touched seemed to have something horrible happen to them. Sickness, death of a loved one, even death. He even became afraid to go near his mate in fear she would get hurt. THIS POOR CAT-

His dreams became troubled, filled with omens from The Land of Shattered Moons (Their Dark Forest) and he became mentally unstable. He was exiled for the safety of his Clan, spending a quarter-moon away. He came back, and his leader brought him on patrol to discuss his problems. On the walk, he felt something come over him. He didn't know it then, but it was the corrupt spirit of a Shattered Moons cat, Flittingspark. He took over his body, attacking the elderly leader and sending him to StarClan. He was dear to the Clan, and respected by all, and when a mentor and the apprentice Withercreek had recieved before he was exiled found him covered in blood and confused, he was dragged back to the Clan and put on trial. Only his mate and elderly father stayed on his side, and he was turned against and exiled. As he was hustled from camp, his mate announced she was having kits, and he couldn't leave. But no sympathy was offered. Thats quite cruel of their clanmates, and a dark forest cat coming over WitherCreek is unlikely, but pretty interesting.

He deteriorated as a rogue, and one day he was attacked by another hostile cat. Horribly wounded, he dragged himself back towards camp, but when he tried to cross the river, he was swept away, and killed. StarClan, or The Land of Shining Stars, was corrupt in my version of the Clans, unsympathetic and harsh. They blamed all of the deaths on bad judgment and sent him to the Land Of Shattered Moons. He gained stitches in his mouth to show how he couldn't speak his truth, and stitches in his eyelids to ensure he could never sleep or rest from the guilt. Seasons went by and his mate joined The Land of Shining Stars, but he never heard or spoke to her again, but thought about her constantly. Later, he rose a bit in power to a sort of third-in-command beside a leader, but was never truly happy again. Thats really sad.

Oh, I forgot to add 'Unlucky' to his personality. Dont worry, I did it for you lol. (if you dont mind).

A very well-planned out OC! The backstory is interesting, and a bit sad even though I dont know this cat. And I know nothing is really 10/10, but thats what WitherCreek gives me! But just remember, thats just my opinion!

What I think he looks like: