the Reaping part 2

" I Volunteer as tribute. . . . "

Everyone gasped. Kushinas facial expression broke and she was shocked.

" Uhh, " the man said into the mic and hurried to the side of the stage for a sec.
" can he volunteer for a girl?" The man asked. And that was everyone's question. It has never been heard of a man volunteering for a girl.

Somebody pulled out the rules and saw there was no rule against it but that just means they volunteered for the girl's player. Not the boys, so you still need a boy tribute.

The man hurried back to the mic and started talking.

" I guess we have a volunteer," Naruto stood there proud but didn't know a man could volunteer for a girl.

Naruto didn't care though and ran to hug Prim while she did the same.

Naruto crouched down and talked to Prim with both hands on her shoulders.

" you need to get out of here, " Naruto said hurriedly.
" No!" Prim protested
" Go find Mom,"
" No!"
" yes, go find Mom right now."
" No!"
"I'm so sorry," Naruto cried as Garra came and pulled Prim away.
" No!" Prim cried as well.
" NO!" Prim kept screaming as she got pulled away.

"Bring him up here." The man said cheerfully again. As Naruto started walking the man kept talking.

Prim was brought to her mother and Buried her head in her mother's chest. Not wanting to look.

" District 12's first ever volunteer and history's first man to volunteer for a girl." The man stated and walked to the stairs where Naruto started walking up.

" come on dear," the man used his hand the hurry Naruto up to the stage.

Naruto made it and the man guided him with his hands to where he was supposed to stand.

" what's your name?" The man asked into the microphone, directed to Naruto but was looking at the audience.

"Naruto Everdeen," Naruto said with no life in his voice into the mic.

The man cleared his through," Well I bet my hat that that was your sister, wasn't it?" The man moved the microphone in front of Naruto's mouth so he could answer.

"Yes." Said and looked around into the silent audience.

" *inhale* Well let's have a big hand for our very first volunteer, Naruto Everdeen!" And The man was the only one who clapped.

After he was done clapping everyone in the crowd stayed silent, and all they did was hold up 3 fingers after they kisses them.

Nobody moved, everything was still silent till the man ended that silence.

"And now, for the boys!" Everyone was confused again because didn't they already have a boy? Naruto didn't care enough to notice. All he did was look at the ground in front of him.

The man walked over and wasted no time pulling a name out, unlike he did with the girls.

Garra looked at Prim and Kushina then back at the stage.

"Sasuke Malark."

Everyone looked at him, Naruto did as well and was met with a Familiarly handsome face. Sasuke looked around and then was transported up by the peacekeepers.

Sasuke also walked up the stairs just like Naruto.

After he was in his spot, the man spoke.

" here we are! Our tributes from District 12!" The man put a hand on both of their backs.
" come on you two, shake hands," he said out of the microphone.

Sasuke and Naruto look at each other and the man moves out of the way.

A flashback comes to Naruto. He was sitting against a tree while it was raining with his eyes closed. He hears a door open and yelling so he opens his eyes to see Sasuke being scolded by his father. Naruto looks at Sasuke and Sasuke looks at him.

They bring their hands forward and shake hands in front of everyone.

Naruto can feel how big Sasuke's hands are and all the Calluses from working while Sasuke feels how small Naruto's hands are and how soft they are compared to his.

They let go and turn back to the audience.

" Happy hunger games! And may the odds be ever in your favor." And with that the tribute were shown put along with the man.