after the reaping

After Naruto and Sasuke were out of the view of the crowd, the man brought them ea h to different rooms. As Naruto stood in his room pacing back and forth, he heard the door open, and in ran Prim and her mother.
Naruto embraced Prim after crouching down closer to prims level.
" Why? Why did you volunteer for me?!" Prim yelled still embracing Naruto. All Naruto did was rub her back.
" Because I love you and could never bare to look at the screens and see you there," Naruto e planned smiling sadly with tears in his eyes.
" Just-" Prim couldn't finish because she started balling her eyes out.
"Shh, it's ok little duck," Naruto says soothingly into prims ear.
Prim breathed and went to finish what she was saying.
" Just try to win, if you can," Prim cried. Nauto smiled.
"M-maybe I can, I'm smart, you know? " Naruto agreed.
" you can hide," Prim added.
" Exactly" Naruto smiled again.
It was silent again they just looked into each other's eyes. Prim looked down as she was fiddling with the fox pin Naruto gave her. Naruto looked down with her.
Prim gestured to the pin," to protect you," Prim said handing to pin to Naruto.
" thank you," Naruto smiled lovingly at his sister, kissed her head, and Ingolf her in a hug.

Still, in the hug, Naruto looked at her mother behind both her and Prim. He slowly stood up still making eye contact with his mother till he was right in front of her.
" you can't toon out again. " naruto said sternly like he was the mother.
" I won't-" Kushina said softly till Naruto interrupted her.
" No, you can't," Naruto said in the same tone as before.
" Not like when dad died, I won't be there anymore. You are all she has. No matter what you feel, you have to be there for her. Do you understand?" Kushina only nodded with tears in her eyes.
" Don't cry," Naruto said again then brought his mother into a hug.
"Don't cry," he repeated to her.

They were having a lovely moment. . . Till the peacekeepers came to take them away.

" it's time." That is all he said as Prim and Kushina both hugged him not wanting to let go.

But yet the peacekeepers were stronger than them and Kushina and Prim were taken out of the room. As the door shut, Naruto waited, looking at the door then finally he grabbed the door handle and slowly turned it. As his hand was on it another hand from the outside came and opened the door. He quickly backed away thinking it was a peacekeeper just to see his best friend, Garra.

They looked at each other for a sec and ran to hug each other.
"You're so dumb! You dummy! You're selfish! I'm glad Prim is fine but- but," Garra cried into my shoulder.
" breath," I said into his ear to calm him down. He breathed.
"How could you do this to me?" Garra asked still crying.
" I love you Garra but Prim comes first. . . Even over me, you know that," Naruto explained.
"I love you too, and I don't care if Prim comes first because if you die out there I will have nothing to live for. And just so you remember, if you die, I die! Remember that oath we swore to when we were maybe, 5? Give or take a year. Anyways, Because just let me refresh your memory, we die at the same time!" Garra went off on Naruto, even though he was more than happy Prim was ok, he loves his best friend a lot.
"Actually, you have Lee so don't come at me like sounding so depressing." Naruto snapped back. They were silent for a sec then started laughing.

Then that laughing turned into sobbing. They hugged each other tight.
"Just try to win for me ok?" Garra cried.
" you can win, ok?"
" you can hunt, you can shoot a bow, you can hide, and you can track. Use your skills, ok." Garra continued to cry.
" yes yes, I understand I will win for you," Naruto said calming down now.

The peacekeepers came in and took Garra away and all that was left was Naruto and his thought.

Naruto was sad to most likely die but was happy it wasn't Prim. . . Not so young at least. Now all that was left was to go to the capital.