Chapter 3

Chapter cover made by Dani_smilek for more of the art- https://www.tumblr.com/danismilek

Isa-no, Marinette Dupain Cheng

30-7-XXX8

Isabella couldn't believe her eyes. Who the hell would just push an elderly old man as they're crossing the street? Not even Gothamites did that (unless there was some type of crime going around).

"Are you alright sir?" She asked the elderly man, helping him up and handing him his cane.

Yes, she was the daughter of a billionaire, but that didn't stop Grandpere Alfred from making sure she was shaped into a decent human being.

"Thank you, young lady." The elderly man replied, shakily getting up. "I'm terribly sorry for making you-"

"No problem at all sir." Isabella told him with a small smile. "If anything, it gave me a slight feel of home." WHAT? He reminded her of Alfred! Sue Her!

Isabella bid the old man goodbye, not realising the perplexed look on his face.

1-1-XXX8

Months passed by, it finally being September, Isa finally having adapted to her new home. But just as she started to adapt to her new life, another thing was hurdled her way.

College Françoise Dupont.

Her father insisted she attend this school, one of the few reminders that he had control over every aspect of her life.

Sighing, Isa made her way to school. She stared at the stairs that lead to the school, scoffing at the size of it. To be honest it looked like the size of the manor's library. That or perhaps Isa just forgot how the library truly was in size. Knowing that she had no other choice, Isa walked into the school and hunted for her class, looking at her timetable and at the numbers of the doors within the school. Something she quickly realised was that she was right. This school was small. Too small for her liking. She managed to find her class, located on the second floor of the building, a bit too close to the stairs if you asked her. Stepping into her classroom, she was met with several pairs of eyes. Ignoring them, Isa headed to the teacher, remembering everything she had researched before transferring to this school.

Caline Bustier - her main teacher and her teacher for French, literature, and poetry.

From what Isa could remember, Bustier is a supposed passionate teacher, eager to protect and nurture her students, hence why she has had the same class for the past several years. Apparently she begged the principal to let her keep teaching the same class year after year. While yes, it did show her love for her students, Isa took it as a sign of fear. Fear of not being able to teach another group of students that weren't the ones she had already taught before. Students that she knew how to control, not having to start from scratch to learn about their weaknesses and strengths. She feared failure, perhaps change.

"Hello, Miss Bustier. My name is Marinette-"

"So you're Marinette!" Miss Bustier interrupted, causing Marinette to narrow her eyes and scrunch her nose in annoyance. "I'm so glad to have you in our class! Please take a seat!"

Marinette simply stood there, looking at her class and then at Miss Bustier. "I can sit anywhere?"

"Pardon?" Miss Bustier asked, tilting her head a bit. That's when it hit her. "Oh! That's right! You've recently transferred from Gotha-"

"Can I or can I not?" Marinette asked impatiently.

"Y-Yes. You can sit anywhere you want." Miss Bustier stammered, watching Marinette choose the seat in the front towards her left.