Chapter 5

Ensuring she left no incriminating notes behind, Marinette took a final glance around her childhood room. She reached for Kaalki's glasses and called out, "Voyage!" Grabbing her suitcase, Ladybug stepped through the portal and arrived in her design studio. Jagged Stone had arranged this space for her when he asked her to design and create his full tour outfits. He believed she would need a dedicated place for her work, offering her the studio as payment because he felt her prices were too low for his rock-and-roll image. The best part was that her parents were unaware of its existence. Only Marinette, Jagged, and Penny knew about this hidden sanctuary. Jagged owned the flat, refusing to accept rent and covering the utilities himself.

The studio was a two-story apartment with an expansive open floor plan. A beautiful kitchen stood to the left of the large living room, while a spacious bedroom and bathroom were situated nearby. Tinted windows overlooked the Seine, even granting a view of the Couffaine boat house on clear nights. Adjacent to the front door, a staircase several workbenches not only for embroidery but also for creating accessories. She could now expand her list of offerings to include these products. Additionally, a state-of-the-art graphics table allowed her to design posters and other computer-aided design projects. The studio encompassed everything she needed for her business, including ample space for fabric storage.

For months, Marinette had been retreating to this sanctuary after her sewing machine and materials were confiscated from her room. She began transferring her belongings to the studio, starting with her sketchbooks when they attempted to take those away as well. This place ensured she could continue working on her commissions. She was immensely grateful to Jagged and made a mental note to thank him when he returned to town.

Dumping her suitcase in the bedroom, Marinette carefully concealed the miracle box in the false wall she had created in the panic room next to her bed. Exhausted, she collapsed onto her plush queen-size bed, allowing sleep to whisk her away as the Kwamis flitted about the room.

After ensuring that Marinette was asleep, the kwamis gathered around Tikki with curiosity evident on their faces.

"Tikki, what was that shift in your presence earlier?" Wayzz asked, voicing the thoughts of the others. "It was strong enough that we all felt it."

Tikki hesitated for a moment, casting a careful gaze at her fellow kwamis. She took a deep breath before responding. "What you felt earlier was me helping with her spiritual awakening. My chosen has undergone a metamorphosis into a true holder and unlocked her natural magic."

The words hung in the air, causing the other kwamis to gasp in surprise. "But that... that's impossible," Wayzz replied, echoing the disbelief of the group.

"I know, and if it were any of my previous wielders, I would agree with you. But it has happened. I felt her magic awaken while she was transformed, and her suit has changed. However..." Tikki trailed off, her voice filled with uncertainty.

"But what, Tikki?" Barkk inquired, eager for more information.

"When Marinette's magic awakened, it wasn't a type I recognized. It was creation magic, but it also had elements of destruction. From the very beginning, when Master Fu gave me my miraculous and we first transformed, and even now, I know without a doubt that Marinette is a true Ladybug. But I think there's more to it," Tikki explained.

"Tikki, are you saying that she's not just a true Ladybug, but a true Black Cat? That's impossible! You and Plagg never blessed the same soul. And considering the fact that she can create full-sized clones with only a little help from Mullo, she would be a true Ladybug and Mouse," Wayzz rebutted, trying to make sense of the situation.

"After what happened tonight, I no longer think Marinette is a true holder at all. If I'm right, she's something far more rare and exceptional. She will be a better holder and guardian than anyone else, even across the multiverse. She's a once-in-a-lifetime, completely unique being. But before I can be certain, I need to talk to Plagg," Tikki concluded.

The kwamis were left utterly perplexed by Tikki's revelation. How could Marinette not be a true holder? She was able to use both powers from the beginning, and only true souls blessed by the miraculous could do that since they carried a part of the miraculous within their souls. Except for one kwami, none of them could grasp what Tikki was suggesting.

"For now, let's get some sleep. Tomorrow will be a busy day for all of us as we begin her practical magic training," Tikki suggested, trying to bring the conversation to a close. The kwamis returned to their box, with Tikki curling up on Marinette's neck, unnoticed by the others. Longg, however, couldn't take his eyes off their slumbering guardian. Before retreating into the box, he whispered two words to himself, "Natural Soul."

Across town, in the Agreste Mansion, a certain black cat kwami couldn't help but smile at the thought of his ring soon being reclaimed by pigtails. If what he had felt earlier was accurate, it wouldn't be long now. He would finally be free from the burden of this man-child he once called his Kit. Plagg was unlike other kwamis; he always paid attention to his holders' actions while transformed, despite pretending not to. It was his way of testing them, as he had seen too many wielders become corrupted by having his power at their fingertips. He knew exactly what Adrien had done—the way his hands and eyes wandered over Ladybug's suit mid-combat, the intentional brushes against her butt and breasts, all under the guise of saving her from harm. Even though those actions had resulted in him getting mind-controlled, Plagg was disgusted by Adrien's behaviour.

But now, if Pigtails had truly awakened her magic... there were ways to circumvent the requirement of both miraculous being active simultaneously for balance to be maintained. Plagg could only hope. As he slept, he purred contentedly, dreaming of the day he would be reunited with his chosen.

Morning arrived, and Marinette woke up, gazing at the unfamiliar ceiling. She tried to recall where she had seen it before, as it definitely wasn't her skylight. Then it hit her: she was in her studio, in her bedroom, lying on her comfortable baby blue bed sheets on her queen-size bed. Glancing at the clock, she saw that it was 6 am and time to get up. Carefully, she picked up Tikki, her kwami, and gently placed her on one of the beds, giving her a little pat on the head.

Walking into the kitchen, Marinette gathered the ingredients for French bread and put four loaves into the oven. They would be ready in about 20 minutes, giving her just enough time. Marinette was 5 feet 4 inches tall and weighed around 80 pounds, which was underweight for her age and height. After her parents, Tom and Sabine, started punishing her by taking away meals, Marinette had slipped into underweight territory. However, with the help of the kwamis, who made sure she ate every day, she had regained some of her health and reached a weight of around 100 pounds.

By the time she finished making breakfast for the kwamis, Marinette glanced at the clock again. It was now 6:50, and she started preparing her own sandwich. A smile spread across her face as she received a response to her emancipation email. The reply stated that the court date was scheduled for a week later and that Miss Gamora Lusinia had legal guardianship over her until then. Miss Lusinia's involvement ensured a speedy court date, and the evidence Marinette had gathered, including emails between her parents and the mayor regarding her sudden weight loss, assured her that her emancipation would be granted, as her lawyers had confirmed in their response emails.