Chapter 6

She selected the draft email titled "school online" and received a response within a few minutes. While waiting for other responses, Marinette checked her private and work emails and accepted a few more quick commissions. Her change in status was accepted, and she was now enrolled in online schooling for her final year of college and lycee until further notice. She was relieved that she had submitted the paperwork for the switch months ago, as her teacher, Ms. Bustier, couldn't block what she didn't know. Marinette made a note of her school portal login and password and changed the standard password to something no one could guess ("Fuckofffuckers!"). She closed her laptop and proceeded to wake Tikki with a gentle shake.

"Time to wake up, sleepyhead," Marinette whispered softly.

Sitting up and stretching, Tikki replied, "Good morning, Marinette."

"Could you get the others and tell them breakfast is ready?" Marinette asked.

"Sure thing, Marinette," Tikki responded, phasing through the wall to gather the other kwamis.

Marinette plugged in her TB hard drive and began transferring her files. Once it was underway, she went back to the living room, grabbed her laptop and the master control remote, and took a seat on the large U-shaped couch. She placed her laptop on the table beside her plate, pressing a button to raise two hidden TV screens from the table, one facing each side of the couch. Marinette turned on Netflix on one screen and Disney Plus on the other, leaving the remotes beside them for the kwamis to decide what to watch. As she settled back into her seat, she sipped her tea.

"Morning, Marinette/guardian," the kwamis greeted as they took their seats.

Wayzz, Tikki, Pollen, and Longg joined Marinette to watch the news. Tik

ki had informed them that Marinette had finally begun the plans they had helped her come up with to escape her toxic household.

By 7:40, everyone had finished breakfast, but before Marinette could collect the plates, Longg said, "Don't worry, Marinette. We'll handle the clean-up." Longg, Barkk, Orikko, Trixx, Mullo, Sass, and Pollen flew the plates to the sink and started washing them. Longg handled the washing, Barkk and Mullo did the drying, Pollen and Orikko carried the plates, and Sass and Fluff put them away.

"So, what are you going to do today?" asked Kaalki. Marinette checked the time.

"Well, I should start on today's classes. It should only take 3-5 hours since I don't have to stop for interruptions. Then...," Marinette said, placing her finger on her chin, thinking. "A quick trip to the shops to restock on fresh ingredients, and then I was thinking of going over our Shadowmoth suspects list. After that, I have some sketching commissions until dinner, and then it's free time." The kwamis had insisted she have designated "free time" to relax and enjoy life, instead of constantly keeping herself busy. Marinette had even started taking hour-long herbal bubble baths with aromatherapy oils selected by Wayzz, with a kwami providing a massage afterward. These baths helped her relax and get better sleep.

"Just make sure you don't overwork yourself, Marinette," Daizzi cautioned. Marinette looked at the kwamis with affection because they genuinely cared for her.

"That reminds me, I have something to show everyone," Marinette said. The kwamis gathered around the open living room, and Marinette walked over to the wall joining her bedroom to the living room. Pointing the remote at the wall, she captured their attention.

"You see, when Uncle Jagged took the sketchbook with my dream studio to build this place, I had some very detailed plans. For example, I included one-way tinted windows, especially the large ones behind the TV. It reminds me a bit of Adrien's bedroom since that entire side of the studio has one-way reinforced glass. This way, no one can see you guys flying around. And I also had this," Marinette entered a specific combination into the remote, causing the entire wall to become transparent, revealing that it was made up of miniature rooms like those found in a dollhouse, complete with small beds and other furnishings.