Chapter 9

Life's a roller-coster Marinette likes to ride

Next Week

"Let's go get Nooroo and Duusu back." Marinette almost didn't recognise her voice, but as she spoke, she knew where that dark vengeful source came from as it bubbled up within her.

Turning back to the kwamis, she met their eyes as she silently summoned Tikki's transformation and felt her power wash over her as they merged, her split doing the same with Plagg.

It felt different.

Momentarily, Ladybug's mind faltered as she settled into her transformation. It was different, the way Tikki's power spread through her, the Kwami's power felt more protective as it joined with her, covering her in the suit as they merged.

Ladybug smirked back, inclining her head slightly before summoning a portal directly over Agreste Manor and jumped into it. Falling twenty meters, feeling Lady Noire not a second behind her, Ladybug closed the portal as they landed on the roof of the Manor holding Shadow Moth.

"Shadow Moth is mine." Ladybug said coldly, turning to look at Lady Noire and she watched as she nodded in understanding.

"I'll take Mayura." Lady Noire's tone was sinister.

Scanning the building below them she pulled up a hologram of it and began to study it. There was a crypt below the building, holding a number of generators and plants thriving in their own small echo system underground, including a tree where a pod rested at its base.

There were only two people within the house; a figure on the first floor sitting at a desk within the front entrance and one directly below their feet. The latter was pacing around what appeared to be an observatory. Glancing at Lady Noire, she smirked at her as she leaped off the dome, flipping as she did before disappearing into the shadow cast by the Manor.

From the shadows behind Nathalie Sancoeur Lady Noire emerged, the darkness clinging to her released her slowly as though they birthed her and he approached her from behind. Ladybug watched the woman stiffen, lean closer to her computer and pale as her eyes widened.

Nathalie reached for the intercom unit, no doubt about to alert Shadow Moth of the video but was intercepted. Lady Noire grabbed the woman's hand before she could, snapping the bones of her wrist like a twig and covering her mouth to silence her scream of pain.

Turning off the camera footage and going back to the scan, Ladybug slipped in her own com unit and listened as Lady Noire began cursing Nathalie according to Court Law on misuse of the Miraculous and crimes committed while wielding one, muffling her screams so she didn't alert Shadow Moth.

Checking to see if Shadow Moth had been tipped off or heard anything, Ladybug watched as the terrorist threw his staff, unaware that his reign of terror was drawing to an end.

Studying the scan of the dome below her, Ladybug realised there was a retractable metal door over the window that was designed to look like the roof when closed. It was designed to look like a butterfly.

Waiting for the moment Shadow Moth turned his back on the window, Ladybug moved, slipping down the dome and into the window. Landing silently on the ground, she cast a quick illusion to make herself invisible and blended seamlessly into the shadows as the man who had terrorised Paris for years threw a temper tantrum not ten metres in front of her.

He was tall, imposing and had both Nooroo's and Duusu's magic, ancient and powerful even when corrupted, rolling off him in waves as he hissed with unrestrained fury about some akuma attack. Shadow Moth appeared to finish his rant by throwing his staff. The noise was grating, Ladybug didn't flinch, watching the man before her as his eyes, clouded with fury stared unseeingly at nothing, face twisted in a snarl, visible even with the ugly cowl before his head snapped to look at the window.