𝙨𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮 𝙚𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩.

─☼☼☼─

"𝙅𝙀𝙎𝙐𝙎 𝘾𝙃𝙍𝙄𝙎𝙏," 𝙍𝘼𝙁𝙀 groaned, throwing his head back slightly. "Can't tell you how badly I missed you."

Charlotte, who sat across the kitchen table, quirked a brow, "Should I be jealous of that burger right now?"

Rafe wiped the corner of his lips, shooting her a grin as he set the burger down, "Never, baby." He stood up, making his way around the table so he could lean down and press a lingering kiss to her lips. 

She could still taste the cheeseburger she had made for him earlier that afternoon on his lips as she leaned into him. 

Trying to ignore the nagging feeling in her stomach at the thought of double crossing him when it came to that damn cross, Charlotte grabbed onto the front of his t-shirt, pulling him even closer. 

Rafe's arms flexed as he leaned against the table, trying to get as close to Charlotte as humanly possible. "You wanna stay over?" He mumbled against her lips. 

Smiling, Charlotte gave a small nod, still not pulling away, "Is that even a question?"

Admittedly, Charlotte didn't realize just how much she missed sleeping next to Rafe until she went a few days without him in the bed next to her. Her nights had been plagued by restlessness and nightmares, factors that seemed to only be curbed by Rafe's presence. 

Abandoning the fries that Rafe had left, he all but picked Charlotte up, guiding her toward the staircase. Laughter fell from Charlotte's lips as he peppered her with kisses every stair they took. 

When they reached the second floor, Charlotte prepared to continue ascending toward where Rafe's bedroom was, but he was quick to stop her. 

"I'm in the master now." He murmured, lips pressing against he neck. "Just makes more sense." 

This caused Charlotte to take pause for a moment. The thought of using Ward and Rose's room elicited a feeling a weariness. 

"Lottie," Rafe sighed, sensing her apprehension. "It's just a room. There's more space in here, I'm the only one in the house, and it's one less flight of stairs to take when all I wanna do is rip your clothes off."

Charlotte tried to fix him with a glare, but a laugh escaped her lips instead, "You're such an idiot."

Rafe's hand ravelled around her waist, pulling her toward him, "Maybe. But you love me."

There was no denying that.

"Yeah." Charlotte said softly, eyes tracing every detail of his face, "I do."

Gently pushing the hair from her face, Rafe cupped her cheeks, slowly pressing his lips to hers once again. He wasn't rushing. He knew she was his once again. If they could survive all that they had, they could survive anything. 

Giving way to her apprehensions, Charlotte leaned into him once again, allowing him to lead her to the master bedroom. 

And as her and Rafe found each other tangled within the sheets, she desperately tried to not to think about everything. But that was pretty easy to do, if she was being honest.