Chapter Two~Summoning Night

A/n: italics=thinking!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Everyone was gathered in the courtyard, Sister Imperator and all the Papas were already there. It was very hard for the group to see, as there was only candlelight. Otherwise, the area was pitch black. Candles were spaced out evenly, probably around some symbol. Sister was standing in the middle of all of the candles. After a few moments of silence, Sister spoke.

"Welcome, you all have gathered here to take part in this unholy ritual to summon a new ghoul." Sister said, seeming to be happy. "Cardinal Copia, Papa Nihil, would you please come and stand by me?" Nihil and Copia then carefully walked over to where Sister was standing.

"Ghouls, you will notice that there are eight candles, as there are eight of you. Each of you please find your candle and hold it in your hands." The Ghouls slowly walked around to find their candle.

~Mountain's POV~

Somehow I managed to find my candle easily, it's hard to see out here, even for a ghoul.

"Alright everyone, I need all of you to stay quiet. You will notice the other Papas are here, but they are just watching so pay them no mind" Sister says. I hear her whispering to the three of them, probably some repeat after me shit and chanting. Low and behold, that's what it is. I can't make out what they're saying.
What the... why's there a huge red light?? I look to the other ghouls and see them looking away, but I can't stop looking at it. The light is a good thing, right? Eventually, the light starts to change. There's shadows that weren't there before. Sweet Satan I can see her.

~3rd person POV~

Finally, the beam of light was gone. And there you were, in the middle of Sister, Nihil, and Copia. You didn't want to look up, you were too nervous.
"Sweet Satan you two, back off and give her some room! Can you not tell she's terrified?!" Sister snapped at Copia and Nihil. They backed off, not wanting to anger Sister more.
"Hello my dear, no need to worry. You are safe here, take my hand and stand up." Sister said softly. You were hesitant to take her hand, but you did. You took a quick glance at Sister and then looked down at your feet.

"My dear you are gorgeous! What might your name be?" Imperator asked with a soft smile.
"My name is y/n.. who are you?" You say quietly, only loud enough for the four of you to hear.

"My name is Sister Imperator, but you may call me Sister if you'd like. This is your new home, I assume you know why you're here?" She asked, hope in her voice.

"Yes Sister, I was called to be a new ghoulette helping with your band, I believe it was with percussion specifically." You whisper.

"You would be correct dear, behind you are Cardinal Copia and Papa Nihil." They both wave as Sister says their name, so you know which one is which. "You will be interacting a lot more with Cardinal Copia, so get comfortable with him. He will show you to the ghoul who will be helping you around the church, kind of being your mentor." She says, handing you off to Copia.

"Hello little one! It is a pleasure to meet you. You may call me Copia, no need to be formal with me. I look forward to working with you! You will be a great addition to the band." Copia exclaims, kissing your hand. "Take my arm, I will introduce you to Mountain!" You comfortably link arms with Copia and start to walk towards a ghoul, revealing yourself to everyone else who was there.

You hear gasps and inch closer to Copia, looking down in the process to hide more. Copia noticed and patted your arm for reassurance.

You then arrived at a tall ghoul, you could see why they called him Mountain. He was like, freakishly tall, totally freaking you out.

"This is Mountain, he will show you to your room. Rest up little one, you have a big day tomorrow." Copia said, kissing your head. After he left, Mountain held his arm to you, and you linked yours with his. You didn't dare look at him, so you looked straight ahead.

As you both were walking through the church, you could feel Mountain glance at you every so often. It didn't really freak you out, because you were just summoned. I mean, who wouldn't want to look at you?

Around ten minutes of walking later you arrived at your room. Mountain didn't say anything, and just kind of watched you. You went into your room and ended up sending Mountain off with a small smile, which he returned with a slight bow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This next chapter is gonna be a long one, im working on it now!! It should be out in the next few days :)

~828 words~