Chapter Seven~ Band Practice

A/n: hi!! I'm back after almost 2 months! I've been super busy but I finally finished this chapter:)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
After gardening, I have no idea what I want to do. Oh, wait, I was kind of interrupted when I was looking for stuff for my room last night. I go back onto Amazon and look for things for my room. I decided on a floor length mirror, a small bookshelf, a few pillows and blankets, and some more stuff for decorations.

They will take a few days to get here, so I guess I can relax for a bit. I find a book lying around, and start to read. About 5 minutes in, I get a knock on my door. Of course, I always get interrupted. I walk to the door and open it to find Rain fidgeting with his hands.

"Oh, hello Rain! What's up?" I ask him.

"Hey, y/n. Aether wanted me to let you know we're having band practice in about 20 minutes. We're going to run through the set list." He explained.

"Oh, okay! Is everything already in there?"

"Um, yeah. You just need your mallets and if you need your music you can bring it." Rain smiles and walks away. I really only needed the music for square hammer, and my notepad since I wrote down how the timpani has to be tuned for each song.

I head to my practice room to grab what I need to practice. I got my timpani and marimba mallets, and then the hammers for the chimes. I headed to the end of the hall where the large band room was. Rain was already in there, turning his bass.

He nodded at me, saying hello. I smile back and head up to the timpani and tunes it to the first song's notes. I then started practicing songs on the marimba until more people started arriving.

About 10 minutes later everyone was here, including Copia. We started to play through the songs, me switching instruments a lot. Eventually, we made it to Square Hammer. Luckily, I didn't truly need the music at all. Me and Aether practiced it so much I basically did it perfectly! After the song, he looked back and smiled at me, knowing I was worried about it. (I love Aether so much)

We finished the run through, and Copia told us that we're going to practice every Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday. We only have two weeks before our first tour date, so I need to seriously start practicing.

I found out from Copia that I will have a set list by each of my instruments but will need to have the music fully memorized, which shouldn't be a problem as long as I keep practicing.

I left the band room, heading to put everything back into my practice room. Eventually deciding to explore the church a bit more on my own. I got out of the basement, and looked around for a bit. I found a significantly smaller staircase, only a few steps. It led to a slight hallway, with a large set of double doors.

Upon opening the door, I found the room was a library.  Said library, having literal floors. Mainly composed of floor-to-ceiling bookshelves. As I look around, I see Sunshine at the desk, reading a book.

"Hey Sunny! Nice to see you again!" I smiled at her.

"Hi y/n! Same to you!" She said, looking up from her book. "Are you looking for anything specific in books?"

"No, not really. I'm just exploring but I could use a good book to read." I explain.

"Oh okay! Have fun!" Sunshine exclaimed

I smile and walk off, sunshine going back to her book. Eventually I found something that looked good. I found it in the horror section. (I enjoy horror books more than movies 🤭)

I walked back up to the desk to check my book out.

"Oh, don't worry about it y/n. Nobody uses the checkout system anymore. Just bring the book back when you're done!" Sunshine smiled

"Oh, okay thanks Sunny!" We say our goodbyes and I walk out into the main hall for lunch. I get myself a sandwich and sit down on a comfy chair that is in a corner and read my book as I eat.

After lunch I started walking around when I ran into Mountain.

"Hey y/n" he said, slightly smiling under his mask.

"Hi Mountain, what's up?" I question, smiling back at him.

"Where are you headed?"

"Not sure, hopefully somewhere peaceful probably."

"Oh, I have a decent spot, would you want to see it?" He asked, tilting his head.

"That sounds amazing! Lead the way." I giggle.

Mountain smiles and takes my arm. He takes me out to the garden, and we basically go right past it.

"So it may look dingy on the outside, but I promise it looks better inside." Mountain laughed, as we came up to a decently sized garden shed. "This is where I normally go to read and get away from people. You're welcome to use it whenever you want."

He opened the door to the shed, and he was right. It looked really cute inside! It was decently lit up with string lights. There was a makeshift bed, two comfy chairs, a desk, and a mini fridge.

"Mountain, this is so cute! Did you do this all yourself?" I ask, looking up at him.

"For the most part, yeah. Terzo was able to pull some strings and get me some power out here. Otherwise, all me." Explained Mountain, scratching the back of his neck.

"This is really cool, thank you for showing me? Would you wanna hang out for a bit and get to know each other better?" I question, hoping he will say yes.

"Oh, sure! Sounds fun." He smiled, looking down at me.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
983 words :)