Chapter 9~ Smile Like Yours

I'm literally giving you no context for the title just read this chapter and be happy 😋🫶
—————
The two weeks before the tour flew by. I practiced almost everyday, and I was getting really good. But alas, the day finally came where we had to pack up and leave. Copia had told all of the Ghouls to pack for at least a month, so that's what I did.

Right before I was about to zip my last suitcase up, I got a knock on my door.

"Hey y/n, I brought you the sheet of paper with all the timpani notes on it, you left it in the practice room." Mountain explained, handing me the sheet of paper.

"Oh my Satan, thank you! I knew I was forgetting something!" I exclaimed as I took the paper from him, placing it in the bag with all my other music stuff.

"No problem, also we need to be on the bus in about an hour, so we make it to Gothenburg before midnight." He replied, helping me off the floor where my bags were.

"Okay! I'm all packed so it shouldn't be a problem" I smiled from behind my Ghoulette mask.

"Also, I was wondering, would you want to sit by me on the drive up?" Mountain questioned, looking down at me.

"Id love to! Could you help bring my bags up to the bus though?" I asked.

"Yeah, I don't have anything else to do." He replied, grabbing some of my bags. Mountain and I walked outside and put all of our bags into the underside of the tour bus. Swiss and Rain were out there as well, so we talked with them a little bit before we all piled into the bus.

I kept my backpack with me, as it had some stuff I could do on the drive up. I was tempted to take a nap, but Mountain warned me before hand that Swiss and Sodo enjoy taking pictures of people sleeping on the bus. So, I decided against that. But I had my book, phone, and snacks to keep me entertained.

I got the middle seat between Mountain and Swiss, so I really couldn't take a nap on the way up.

"Hey y/n! Ready for this?" Swiss asked as he sat down next to me.

"Yeah, I think so! The practicing has definitely been paying off." I replied happily.

"Great! I think this will be the best tour yet now that you're here!" He smiled from behind his mask. The rest of the band got into the bus and got comfortable before we headed off.

Nihil and Copia were in the very front, with Copia driving. The first row was Mountain, me and Swiss. Behind us was Sodo, Aether, and Rain. And in the back row was Cumulus, Cirrus, and Sunshine. Copia then stood from his seat and started talking.

"Okay Ghouls! We're about to head to Gothenburg. Does everyone have everything? I don't plan on making any stops so we can get to the hotel on time. And it is a 5 hour drive from here, so get comfy!" Copia smiled, sitting back down and started the bus.

Since it was 5 hours from Stockholm to Gothenburg, I decided to read for the first two, since that's how long I had until sundown. Considering I was already halfway through the book, I easily finished it in those two hours, because nobody ended up talking for a while.

As soon as it started getting dark I put my book away and put my earbuds in. I pulled up Spotify and tried to decide what to listen to. Eventually I settled on a playlist that definitely wasn't as heavy as I usually listen to.

The first song that came up after I hit shuffle was Smile Like Yours by Anthony Amorim. Oddly enough, the first thought that came to me was when Mountain and I were getting to know each other, in the little reading hideout he had. He was talking about the drum solo he had in the beginning of Rats.

"Rats for sure, I love my drum solo in the beginning!" Mountain said, smiling widely under the cut out in his mask.

I couldn't help but smile to myself as I thought about it. "Damn, I totally have a fucking crush on him." I thought to myself, still having a small smile on my face. And sweet Satan, Mountain's smile could melt me any day.

Apparently he saw the smile on my face, and he leaned over and wanted to know what I was listening to. I turned my phone on and showed him the song. He looked back at me and gave me a nod. I watched him turn his phone on as well, and type the song into his Spotify, and start listening to it.

And Satan, I wish I knew what was going through his head at that moment because he had that smile on his face, again. I almost melted there and then, but I didn't.

I listened to music for the next two hours, and played a game on my phone at the same time. Once we were an hour away Copia made sure we all were awake (which we were). Cirrus then had the bright idea to play a game of Among Us, with the whole band. And Copia wanted in, so he made Nihil drive at that point.

Me and Swiss teamed up, and won 3 out of the 5 rounds we played. The only times we didn't win was when Swiss ended up being impostor, because he couldn't shut up after he killed someone.

Soon enough though, we got to the hotel in Gothenburg and had to stop playing Among Us. We all got out of the bus and stretched, that being necessary after having sat down for 5 hours straight.

Everyone got their bags unloaded and we walked into the hotel lobby to meet Copia there to get our room keys.

"Okay, you're all roomed by your instruments, so I'll just go in order of who I have. Swiss and Rain, Sodo and Aether, Mountain and y/n, and then Cirrus, Cumulus, and Sunshine. Nihil and I will be in room 611 if you need us." Copia explained as he gave all of us our room keys. (Please tell me you guys get the Room 611 thing 🙇🙇)

We all were on the same floor, so that was pretty nice. Mountain and I took our bags up to our room and sat on our beds.

"How was the ride for you?" I asked him.

"Peaceful, the game was a bit stressful though. But it was still fun." He laughed a bit

"Good! Oh, are you hungry? I was thinking of ordering something to eat since we didn't stop for dinner. Probably McDonald's." I responded.

"Yeah, that's be nice." He said. I opened up the McDonald's app and put in my order and then handed him my phone so he could get whatever he wanted. Once I got my phone back I put in the hotel address and room number so we could get it delivered, and then I paid.

"It'll be here in about 15 minutes" I smiled, clicking my phone off.

"Cool. So, that song you were listening to earlier... it's not the stuff that you normally listen to." Mountain replied, looking over at me.

"Oh, Smile Like Yours? I know, it's just a song that's been with me for a while, but I just kind of started to relate to it." I explained, smiling while I thought about it.

"Well, I think it's a really nice song. I also agree though, I can relate to it for sure." He said. A bit later the food arrived and we ate in a comfortable silence. After we finished eating, Mountain spoke up.

"So, are you ready for tomorrow?" He asked.

"You know, I am. I think it's gonna go really well." I told him, smiling softly.

"Good, you're gonna be great." He said, giving me a reassuring smile.

"I swear to God, I've never met a smile like yours..."

—————
I loved writing this one omg 🫶

1368 words ❤️