Chapter One - The Cores

Jacob had always been fascinated by the strange energy cores that his father used to study. They were said to have incredible powers, capable of granting the bearer abilities beyond their wildest dreams. But when his father passed away, Jacob thought that he would never get to see them again.

Jacob was a hardworking student who always strived for excellence in everything he did. He was an overachiever, constantly pushing himself to be the best he could be. Despite this, he often struggled with anxiety, worrying that he would never live up to his own high expectations. To cope with his anxiety, he turned to music, playing the guitar and writing his own songs. He found that music was a way for him to express his emotions and clear his mind. Jacob was also an avid reader, and loved immersing himself in the worlds of science fiction and fantasy. He dreamed of one day becoming a scientist himself, and using his knowledge to make the world a better place.

Jacob is a regular at his local coffee shop called Curious Cafè. Weird name, right? But their coffee is amazing, so amazing to the point where they were elected best coffee shop of 2022. Jacob walks in and is greeted by his favorite barista, Alaina. She has worked at the coffee shop for 3 years. She is hispanic, has black hair, dark brown eyes and an amazing smile.

"Jacob! How have you been?" Alaina asks. Jacob and Alaina have known each other since they were fourteen. They went to middle school together and they've bonded since. Now Jacob and Alaina are sixteen.

"I'm doing great! I'll  just have my usual." Jacob says. Alaina and Jacob talk a little bit while she makes him his usual drink, a caramel frappuccino with 3 pumps of espresso. "So, what's new?" Asks Alaina. "Nothing new, just the same things I already told you about. How my moms been arguing with my dad, my grades and teachers, and thats it." He says.

"Here's your drink." Alaina says. "We still on for movie night next week?" She asks. "Of course!" Jacob says, picking up his drink. "I'll bring popcorn, don't worry." He says. Alaina smiles. "Have a good day." She says. "You too." Jacob says while smiling back. Jacob might have feelings for Alaina. If only he could confess, but Alaina always says hes not her type, so Jacob never asked her or planned on asking her.

As he was walking out of the coffee shop, he stumbled upon a group of robots attacking a girl on the street. He didn't know what to do, but he couldn't just stand there and watch. He had to do something. He tried to tell other people to call the cops but it seemed like he was invisible. he went back in the coffee shop to get Alaina, but she too didn'tnotice her. Jacob knew he had to do something. Jacob threw his coffee onto the ground and rushed to help, dodging the lasers that the robots were shooting at him.

Jacob and the girl, who introduced herself as Elizabeth, teamed up and tried to do things like kicking and hitting to fend off the robots. But that didn't work, plus it hurt and they were quickly outnumbered. Just when all hope seemed lost, a strange energy source appeared out of nowhere, and Jacob and Elizabeth each received a core.

"What is this? How do we use it?" Jacob asked Elizabeth, still trying to figure out what had just happened.

"I don't know, but I think we're about to find out," Elizabeth replied, as the cores began to glow with an ethereal light.

The cores granted them incredible powers, and Jacob and Elizabeth were shocked. "What the hell is this?" Elizabeth asked. "Let's try to use it." Elizabeth had teal colored orbs levitating just a little bit above the palms of her hands. Jacob also had the orbs exept his was white. Jacob threw one of them but it missed the robot. Jacob was about to throw the second one, but Ellizabeth stopped him. Elizabeth threw one of her orbs and it hit the robot in the chest, making a explosion of power and knocking the robot back. All of a sudden the robot got up and retreated. They technically won, but they still didn't know how to control their powers, and they were left with many questions about what had just happened.

Just when they thought it was all over, a girl with dark blue hair and a mischievous smile appeared out of nowhere. "Well, well, well. What do we have here?" she said, eyeing Jacob and Elizabeth with interest.