Chapter Three - New Friends...?

Jacob and Elizabeth were taken aback by the hostility of the two boys. They tried to explain their situation and why they needed to store the cores in a safe place, but the two strangers weren't listening.

"Guys the  one in the yellow shirt is Jack, The one in the black cardigan is Hayden, and i'm Jessica." The blue-haired girl, now known as Jessica, said.

Hayden is latino, has black hair, green eyes, and was the boy of Jacobs dreams. Of course Alaina was also someone he liked, but he was bisexual so he liked boys and girls.

Jack had dirty blonde hair and brown eyes. He was kinda tall, about 5'7. By the looks of it, Hayden and Jack were good friends.

Jack and Hayden were confused and angry, wondering who these people are.

Jessica, on the other hand, was giddy and elusive, as if she knew something they didn't.

Jacob tried to remain calm as Jack and Hayden continued to berate him and Elizabeth. The argument was like a mountain, rising slowly until it reached its climax. Jacob and Elizabeth tried to explain their situation, but the two strangers weren't listening.

Finally, the argument reached a boiling point. Jack took a step forward, his face twisted in anger. "I don't believe you," he spat. "I think you're lying to us."

Jacob felt his heart race. He knew that Jack was dangerous, and he didn't know how to diffuse the situation.

That's when Jessica spoke up for the third time. "Guys, maybe we should just calm down and talk this out," she said, her voice light and playful.

Jacob was taken aback by her sudden change in tone. He didn't know what to make of her behavior, but he was grateful for the reprieve.

The group entered the base, but Jacob couldn't shake the feeling that something was off. He turned to Elizabeth. "Do you think we can trust her?" he asked.

Elizabeth shook her head. "I don't know," she said. "But we don't have a choice."

They entered the base and were greeted by Damian. "Welcome everyone. You guys are all probably very confused as to what is happening. If you guys could sit down, I will explain everything." He said.

"With what seats?" Hayden asked. Damian pressed a button and five chairs that seemed to be color coordinated. Jacob sat in the white chair, Elizabeth the teal chair, Jessica the blue, Hayden the black, and Jack the yellow.

As Damian explained the situation, Jacob couldn't help but feel irritated. "Why didn't you tell us all of this before?" he asked.

Damian sighed. "I didn't want to worry you," he said. "But now that we're here, I need to be honest with you."

The rest of the crew was listening intently, but Jessica seemed unfazed. "I already knew that," she said. "I know everything about you guys."

Elizabeth was confused. "What do you mean?" she asked.

Jessica pointed to her watch, which was the AI from earlier. "Me and the AI know a lot of things." She said.

"We need to train! We obviously don't know how to use these powers!" Jack yelled. "Woah, calm down. We don't even know a lot about our cores." Elizabeth says. "I agree." Jacob says. "We need to know more about our cores." "Well I agree with Jack." Hayden says. "We should train now! So that we're prepared!"

Jack turned to Jessica. "Can you back us up on this?" he asked. "We need to find those cores."

Jessica hesitated. "I don't know," she said. "I don't want to get involved in this."

Hayden crossed his arms. "Come on, Jessica," he said. "We need your help."

Jessica looked around the room, her eyes darting from face to face. Finally, she spoke. "I'll help," she said. "But only if we do this my way."

"Alright," Damian said. That's enough info for today. Let's get you guys situated to your rooms."