Chapter Nine - Betrayal

After the battle, the team was left confused. Damian better trained Alice so she could be somewhat helpful during the final battle. "Jacob, go outside the base and get my keys." Damian said. Jacob agreed and went outside the base to get Damians keys. Jacob could tell that Damian was stressed, so Jacob knew that he should do whatever it is he needs to better help Damian.

"Jacob." A familiar voice said in a sing-song voice. He turned around and saw Alaina with a knife. "So you've been keeping secrets for how long now?" Alaina questioned. "I haven't." Jacob said. "You're lying." Said Alaina. "It's a shame. I'm gonna have to kill you now." Alaina said. Jacob didn't want to hurt his best friend, so he didn't know what to do.

As Jacob turned around, Alaina lunged at him with her knife. Jacob quickly dodged out of the way, barely avoiding the sharp blade. Alaina continued her assault, swinging her knife wildly at Jacob.

Jacob tried to reason with Alaina, telling her that he had no secrets to keep from her. But Alaina was convinced that Jacob was hiding something from her, and she wasn't going to stop until she found out what it was.

Despite being on the defensive, Jacob seemed to be holding his own against Alaina. He moved with a grace and agility that surprised her, and managed to dodge her attacks with ease.

It wasn't until Jacob began to fight back that Alaina realized just how outmatched she was. Jacob's movements became more fluid, and he seemed to be moving faster than humanly possible.

As Alaina continued to attack, Jacob began to use his powers more frequently. He created small shockwaves that knocked her off balance, and even managed to throw her across the forest with a gust of wind.

Alaina was taken aback by Jacob's sudden display of power, and hesitated for a moment. Jacob used this opportunity to disarm her. "Did you know..." Alaina said as she made light green psi orbs appear from her hands. "I also have powers."

Jacob and Alaina continued to fight, their powers clashing in a dazzling display of light and energy. Alaina's light green psi orbs clashed with Jacob's reality manipulation power, creating a dazzling light show.

Despite Alaina's powers, Jacob was able to hold his own against her. His movements were fluid and precise, and he seemed to be able to anticipate her attacks before they even happened.

The rest of the team, watching on the monitors, were amazed by Jacob's skill. They knew he was powerful, but they had never seen him fight like this before. "We should go up there." Jack said. Everyone agreed and went up exept Alice and Nathan.

As the battle raged on, the other cores could feel the energy from the fight affecting them. They were being knocked around by the shockwaves and bursts of energy, struggling to keep their footing.

Jessica tried to intervene, but Alaina was too powerful. She knocked Jessica aside with a burst of energy, sending her flying across the forest.

The rest of the team was knocked down as well, struggling to get back up. Alaina laughed triumphantly, ready to finish them off.

But just as she was about to strike the final blow, something strange happened. The door to the base suddenly swung open, revealing Alice standing on the other side.

"Alaina!" Alice shouted. "What are you doing? Stop this!"

Alaina hesitated for a moment, looking at Alice in confusion. It was enough of a distraction for the other cores to get back on their feet.

Jacob used his reality manipulation power to create a barrier around Alaina, trapping her in a bubble of energy. The rest of the team quickly subdued her, taking away her knife and psi orbs.

The team spent the rest of the day recovering from the fight. They were all exhausted, both physically and emotionally, and needed time to rest and recuperate.

As they sat in the base, talking and laughing, they knew that they had a long road ahead of them. There were still enemies out there, still mysteries to be solved. But they were ready for whatever came their way, knowing that they had each other to rely on.

The next day, they began their training once again, more determined than ever to hone their powers and become the heroes they were meant to be.

As they worked, they knew that they were not alone. They had each other, and that was enough to face any challenge that came their way.

Despite the challenges they faced, the six cores knew that they were meant to be together. They were a family, bound by their powers and their shared experiences.

And as they worked to become the heroes they were meant to be, they knew that they would always be there for each other, no matter what the future held.