Trapped in a Card

*Enjoy the Chapter*

Claude was talking to Declan at his Office

Claude: The match results are in, sir.

Declan: And? Did Yuya Sakaki win?

Claude: Yes, sir. I must say I'm baffled by his behavior. After you persuaded the Duel Association to place Yuya and Y/N in a special bracket, both of them could have passed straight into the Junior Arc League Championship. Instead, Yuya chose to try and attain the necessary number of wins like any other duelist.

Declan: There was not need for me to interfere at all. Claude, it seems Yuya and Y/N are determined to enter the championship their way. I should have expected nothing less. Did Yuya Pendulum Summon during his match?

Claude: Yes, sir. Our monitoring team picked up the signal as he was dueling.

Declan: Did they detect anything unusual?

Claude: There was nothing out of the ordinary in their report. The Pendulum energy appeared to be normal.

Declan: Really? That means... He hasn't taken the next step yet.

 He hasn't taken the next step yet

Claude: Mr. President, there is another matter I need to bring to your attention. It is quite intriguing.

Declan: Yes, Claude?

Claude: Well... the Duel control Center has observed several intense energy bursts within the city limits. I ordered our top people to do an analysis, and they have concluded that the bursts come from Fusion Summons

Declan: Are you sure?

Claude: Yes. At first they suspected the bursts were coming from here, since the institute teaches Fusion Summoning. But after further analysis, the team is sure the bursts aren't coming from our instructors or their students.

Declan: The energy is too powerful, is that it?

Claude: That's correct, sir. No one here has ever produced a Fusion Summon that strong.

Declan: Interesting. Tell the team to continue their monitoring and to report anything unusual to me.

Claude: Yes, sir.

Claude then leaves Declan's office

Declan: (So many questions, and I know the answers are out there.)

(Opening)

At the docks, Zuzu and Sora were dueling to Practice Zuzu's Fusion summoning

Zuzu: I'm activating the spell Polymerization!